What programmes have you grown out of?

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

My mum was surprised that I still enjoyed the Starfleet and Terrahawks videos; she had expected that I might be disappointed with them, having grown so much older. Of course, that is not the case; they are in fact the 2 best animated shows ever, in my opinion. I even reluctantly place them above modern masterpieces like South Park and Rugrats, because they have more nostalgia value for me.However, there are some things that I have grown out of: for example, Looney Tunes cartoons. I used to adore them, and rush to the lounge whenever one of them was shown. These days, they fail to thrill me!Has anyone found the same thing to be true, regarding some former favourites?
NC

Post by NC »

I was thinking that just the other day, there was a time when if I missed A-Team, Dukes of Hazzard, Airwolf, Knight Rider or Fall Guy it would be the worst thing that could happen, now I'm not that bothered, I don't think I've seen a full Knight Rider since they started showing them on Bravo I've seen a couple of Fall Guys, a couple of A-Teams, the Dukes of Hazzard is probably the one I've seen most of.It seems the American stuff doesn't last as well as most of the British programmes I remember, Auf Wiedersehen Pet is still enjoyable today (can't wait for the DVDs), and Minder, and most of the British kids shows, I got Basil Brush on DVD last month and I've not laughed so hard at a kids show for years, laughing at the jokes not the production values that is :)Maybe its just me... Now I'm not say all British stuff good, all American stuff bad, Star Wars is still good, but Empire is better. And most of the recent kids shows are just trash, Power Rangers no thankyou, digimon, pokemon arghhh. Okay thats all from sad gits are us for today.Happy New YearNigel
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Knight Rider, Street Hawk, A-Team, Airwolf. One time I loved them now they are just abit lame.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I find it really hard to watch Knight Rider now, although I loved it when I was a nipper. Airwolf on the other hand is still #### good, in fact the movie which I remember watching as a kid is a #### of a lot more darker after seeing it again last year, I mean it was even an 18 certificate. One film that I absoloutely loved when I first saw it was The Last Star Fighter, but watching it now I don't really know why I got so excited over it. The computer effects were out of this world in 1985 but they look really dated now.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Tron looked well good back in the day. I read somewere that they are doing a remake of it.
djdust

Post by djdust »

Robin Of Sherwood - seems very slow and dated these days BUT I still love it and can't wait for the rumoured DVD's to come out this year... Remember when Dr Benn died? Well, that was nothing compared to when the first Robin died...
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
NC

Post by NC »

djdust

Post by djdust »

woohoo!
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Hmm. I only remember the theme tune really - slightly too young to remember it, although I remember the antler-y bloke.Ohhhh, Nigel. C'mere. Little closer. Leeeetle closer.SLAP!That's for putting your BlackStar ID code in, you sneaky so and so! I have that on my site too, y'know, and it ain't cheap running my big server! Coo, I don't know, young people these days ;) Anyway, if Daz already uses BlackStar it will do you no good!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
NC

Post by NC »

Thought I could slip them in there without you seeing them ;)My site isn't cheap either you know, some has to pay for my new car, concorde tickets, maids, butlers etc ;-)I won't do it again honest gov...Nigel