Transformers Favourite

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
AndyThomas

Transformers Favourite

Post by AndyThomas »

I've got one of them as I've mentioned elsewhere; they seem to be going in reverse order or something, but yes, it's great to see them collected in print once again...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Transformers Favourite

Post by Shane »

Don't you think it was sexist that they never originaly released an Arcee (I think that was the stupid cow's name) Transformer. ;)(Edited by Shane at 10:36 pm on June 1, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Transformers Favourite

Post by AndyThomas »

The Earth episodes are the main pre-movie ones. Basically, anything that includes only the intial releases of the toys is pre-movie and "Generation 1". So stuff like the Predacons, Rodimus Prime, Galvatron, is all post-movie... Although I'm not quite sure where the Stunticons/Aerialbots came in - I think they're still pre-movie but didn't get featured in the movie as such - this may just have been a timing thing, as episodes would be produced faster than the movie. There are loads of Transformers fan sites which can probably do the chronology more convincingly than me!http://tfarchive.com/g1eg.shtml
AndyThomas

Transformers Favourite

Post by AndyThomas »

Due to an annoying and generally evil non payer these two videos are up for grabs again:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1740204421
GenoGear

Transformers Favourite

Post by GenoGear »

Optimus Prime and Six Shot. The new comics are not bad Grimlock has turned and sided with old Meg's. I have seen the 1st eps of Transformers: Armada. All I can say is NOOOOOOO. Meg's is a tank. It has kids in it and Lazerbeak is a good guy. Prime gives him to the kids.
AndyThomas

Transformers Favourite

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, I've read about the Armada cartoon. In fairness, Generation 2 Megatron was a tank, but Laserbeak being a goodie is just... just... I mean, he pretty much caused the first Autobot casualty in the Generation One cartoon, IIRC! How could they!
Matt Darcy

Transformers Favourite

Post by Matt Darcy »

For all you tranny fans, I have most of the episodes on Divx/Mpeg format, if someone wanted to knock up a couple of pages for me that looked all right and linked to the files I'd be happy to host them and make them available to this group ??I'm always adding to the collection to try and get some %100 of the episodes so the odd page update may be required.
Chris Snape

Transformers Favourite

Post by Chris Snape »

To answer your question Andy the aerialbots appeared in series one, towards the end. All manner of things appeared in series two and then the movie just completely ruined my life (as a 10 year old this must be appreciated). Series one rocked, series two was ok, series three is shite. My opninions obviously.
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
FZeroOne

Transformers Favourite

Post by FZeroOne »

This will be slightly odd, but...1) Jetfire. Not the cartoon version, but the toy. I always wanted one of these. I never got one. Then, many years later, i found out where Hasbro had got the design in the first place and just why the cartoon version was so different to the toy... 2) Centurion. Only ever appeared in the comics, and AFAIK, was a unique creation for the British strips. Not the most powerful - or even a Transformer! - but had the guts to go one-on-one with Megatron after Megatron had beaten Grimlock around London. Brave lad, last seen fused with the big grey evil one after being dredged up from the Thames by Richard Branson. No, *really*...!3) Grimlock. Not the stunted intellect of the US comic, but the one that answered the UK Transformers letter page...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.