Transformers Favourite

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Chris Snape

Transformers Favourite

Post by Chris Snape »

If anyone used to watch the awesomw cartoon that was transformers then please let me know your favourite character and also if you preferred the older series to the later ones (pre or post movie).I have to say that the older the better! The newer series tended to use bigger and better machines. I thought the oil rig confrontation is the best scene ever! My fav character was Ironhide, he rocked! Ut-most respect for the prime though... Anyone else care to comment?
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Shane

Transformers Favourite

Post by Shane »

SOUNDWAVE's my fave. Loved the cool vocoder effect they used on his voice. Also have the toy mint in it's box which is sweet.The 1st two seasons of transformers are great and the Movie is incredible, but I'm not so keen on the post movie stuff really.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Transformers Favourite

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, I got to watch the post movie stuff relatively recently and it's the poor voices (compared with the movie) and the rather whimpering nature of Rodimus Prime that put me off.Soundwave is definitely a great character, particularly with all the cassettes! Jazz was always very entertaining, Ironhide was certainly a strong character. Very hard to call it really. When you stop and think about it, there weren't all that many characters that were really well developed - a lot of them, like Skywarp and Thundercracker, were just in the background, but I suppose that's to be expected. One thing I liked about the original series was their interchangeable hands - that didn't seem to happen so much. You know, when Brawn could conjure up a blowtorch from, quite literally, up his sleeve!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Chris Snape

Transformers Favourite

Post by Chris Snape »

Interchangeable hands! Oh yes. Ironhide produced a gluey substance from his hand once and who could forget the glowing weapons from Optimus and Megatron.Sheer class. I still think the movie ruined it though. Although it was a good film it desvastated me when all the originals were simply slaughtered in the first ten minutes to make way for new ones. Grrrr....
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Matt Darcy

Transformers Favourite

Post by Matt Darcy »

Transformers...... When I was a kid these where ACE !!!!!The best Trannys have go to be, Shockwave - just a guru who guards Cyberton,Starscream backstabbing evil,Soundwave love the voice - he was like the Spock of TransformersThe construcicons where great individuals mixmaster was on drugs, and as devestator he rocked !The autobots where a bunch of girls, there was not one cool/hard autobot in the lot of them, Iron hide talked the talk but............died badley in the shuttle.The move was GREAT, the opening battle on earth is one of the best battles in all time it was nice to see autobots get killed for once, and not "repaired". Primes drive to megatron where he kills about 4 jets, couple of inesections on the way is great, although I was pleased to see thrust and dirdge survive. Just great, the prime V megatron fight was 4 years coming....and worth the wait. The idea in space of getting rid of the weak into space from Astrontrain was great love the rumble in the back of Astron train. The continuity between Trannys always impressed me, the plot never drifted although the settings did, ie sometime autobots ran cybertron, sometimes deceptecons, Vector sigman kept cropping up, and when ever the decepticons run Cyberton Shockwave was always the guardian, like that nice touch. The pre-movie transfomers where %50 / %50 the headmasters where a good step forward and a great sotry of how they where made, never got into the target masters, a couple of new teams came out which where too far, the technobots/seaacons etc etc where just over the top. The comics always ran a good story too, I would like to have seen Lord Straxus in a cartoon.thats my take on it !
AndyThomas

Transformers Favourite

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, it was Shockwave who was involved in that incident. I've been reading some of the later comics on-line and in that collected work I mentioned before, and it actually turned out to be quite handy for Prime because at one point she was frying him but when she spotted Shockwave she put everything she had into frying him and passed out. Serious (silicon) chip on her shoulder. At that point she was part of a team designed to counter the Transformers... I vaguely remember Spidey being in it, didn't he end up seeing the Ark as well?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Chris Snape

Transformers Favourite

Post by Chris Snape »

I have to admit that I never followed the comics as they advanced too fast. You could never be sure what was going on (I was a wee nipper!).The cartoon rules. Nuff said.PS. Matt: Prime could have any decepticon. Admit it PPS: It took TWO shots for Ironhide to die!!! Roar!