Transformers Favourite

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
AndyThomas

Transformers Favourite

Post by AndyThomas »

Mike, I think you're confusing the cartoons with the comics. In the comics, Shockwave actually tracked the Ark to Earth in his gun mode but the Ark used its last reserves to create the Dinobots who battled Shockwave, and eventually they and Shockwave were imprisoned in a tar pit. It was definitely Shockwave that nicked Prime's head - there was a very distinctive cover with him on it very early on. Wasn't this one, but...http://webresources.transfans.com/image ... /cover.htm
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Chris Snape

Transformers Favourite

Post by Chris Snape »

I never actually followed the comics so I cannot comment on them. I wish I had but I guess I was too busy pretending to be a transformer in primary school playgrounds!Ironhide had a fight with Starscream on the oilrig with metal bars, how good was that. Even though Starscream had his 'null' rays connected to his arms.
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Matt Darcy

Transformers Favourite

Post by Matt Darcy »

Iron hide was a pussy........and also transformed into a "people carrier" how bad is that ?
Chris Snape

Transformers Favourite

Post by Chris Snape »

Easy Matt... It was only a cartoon!Ironhide actually transformed into the A-teams van... except it was red... and didn't have BA driving it... and it had smaller wheels... and a picnic table in the back! He still rocks in combat. Not like the ponsy sportscars!
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Shane

Transformers Favourite

Post by Shane »

There was this professor bloke in the comic as well, who had this cerebro style machine where he could control mechanoids, I think he started out with his own bot, but when that was destroyed he managed to get hold of Swoop who had been given up for lost? I'm a bit hazy on it but you know what I'm on about don't you fellas?I Much prefered the comic version of Grimlock he was more of a leader and far more inteligent than the silly cartoon version. "Me Grimlock Smash!" Oh boy.And I remember Ultra Magnas being a right nancy boy in the comic everytime Galvatron turned up. "Iron hide was a pussy........and also transformed into a "people carrier" how bad is that ?"lol Matt Yeah there was an autobot called Skids who turned into a HONDA Civic Shuttle, not too cool really especially when the Decepticons transformed into F15 fighter jets.Shane.(Edited by Shane at 7:15 pm on May 20, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Chris Snape

Transformers Favourite

Post by Chris Snape »

Hey! They made do with what they could get. I bet his machine mode was ultra cool before teletron 1 got them new identities. I bet he was a dust buster or a juice maker or something
Matt Darcy

Transformers Favourite

Post by Matt Darcy »

I remember the professor guy in the commmics, he they always drerw him with loads of bright yellow flashes/bubbles around him to show he was in "cyberspace".I cannot belive no one has commented on Lord Straxus !!! he was evil, he was an old Decpetecon Lord who's head was the only thing left of him.I also remember skids.....laugh I almost bust a gut.Does anyone remember soundwave using Buzzsaw in the cartoon ??The transformers where a great idea, so many possiblitys I can't belive no one made a second film.
Shane

Transformers Favourite

Post by Shane »

I remember the Lord Straxus/Blaster storyline, Blaster's buddy snuffed it in the molten slag pitt. Sniff I've got to get me some of these new graphic novel reprints, next to the X Men, Transformers has to be the best comic of the Eighties. I saw the all new Generation 1 comics in Bristol's Forbidden Planet the other day, very nice artwork! No 1 in the comic charts too, so Transformers still reign supreme.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!