Toys galore

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
AndyThomas

Toys galore

Post by AndyThomas »

Totally random site I came across on my travels:http://home.att.net/~leonin-perotin/index.html
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Toys galore

Post by AndyThomas »

Ah, now these I DO remember!http://www.toyarchive.com/BattleB....6b.htmlWhat I didn't know though, was that they were some kind of Transformers tie in?!  Made by Takara...  Remember, wood, fire, water sort of stuff?Additional: Good grief. I now know FAR too much about Battle Beasts! It sounds as if the one I have left at home might be worth something though...!http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/524.html
AndyThomas

Toys galore

Post by AndyThomas »

You can tell it's quiet at work today, can't you?! Anyway, thanks to eBay I've just tracked down another toy which I either had, or played with at some point. For some reason I remembered it was made by Tomy and that turned out to be good enough. Forerunner of the now-resurrected Zoids line, these are the Starriors:http://members.tripod.com/~the1machine/thetoy.html
Shane

Toys galore

Post by Shane »

Oh wow! I had a #### of a lot of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons stuff when I was a nipper, nice to see em again after all these years, I used to love the battlematic action.I was tempted to bid on a zoid auction the other day for a Trooper Zoid, because I always wanted that one when I was a kid. Can anyone remember a toy similar to the Zoids called R.A.T.S. Robot Anti Terror Squad. They were basically giant robots that had similar little silver pilots that sat in the head shaped cockpits. They also had wind-up mechanisms for the robots built in weapons, which were all of a spinny variety. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Toys galore

Post by AndyThomas »

Shane, look at the Starriors page! I KNEW they were called something else when they came out over here! Of course, RATS... I bet they were a different colour too, something isn't quite right about my memory and the Starriors, right shapes, but... perhaps they got a respray for the UK market. Apparently the Zoids did. And yes, the Trooper Zoids were kewl ;-) I had Redhorn the Terrible, Great Gorgon, few of the smaller ones. Spiderzoid was great. The wind up ones were never all that great at walking though...
Shane

Toys galore

Post by Shane »

Ah that's wicked man! I haven't been able to find anything on RATS on the net, I had no idea they were originaly called Starriors.Looking at the pictures, I can only ever remember seeing the first six over here released as the RATS range. 3 of them were red and the other 3 were blue. I had the one called Ripsaw which was a blue one if I remember. It was a very short lived toy range, it was going up against 1st and 2nd series Transformers so thats probably why the other six never got a look in. Now if I could only find a pic of a robot toy I bought from a market stall circa 1982. You know the ones where you could open the robot's chest and place a smaller rubber version of the robot inside it. it had one piece legs which were red. And the robot also featured the all important springloaded fist action, It also came with a sword, and was definitely Japanese in origin. Can anyone else remember it? because I'm certain there was a lot of them knocking around at the time.Shane.(Edited by Shane at 6:27 pm on July 11, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Toys galore

Post by AndyThomas »

I had Ace McCloud and one of the flying drones. I have seen the figures on eBay UK from time to time. They were well made though I agree - closest I ever came to having an Action Man really. This site will be of interest to you - this is one of the series I'm planning to put into my 80s section...Power Extreme!
GenoGear

Toys galore

Post by GenoGear »

I have Ace and Max in the loft both have missing right arms.