StarWars streaming video, forget Divx this is brill!

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Jim Box

Post by Jim Box »

OK guys, I know that most of you have seen AOTC and TPM, SW, ESB and RoTJ, ever wondered what came before StarWars?Well I don't wan't to spoil this fantastic little gem so click away and enjoy the pure simpleness of what has been done and marvel in the effort involved.Forget blue screen movies this is pure black screen!!!Oh yeah one last thing, when you click on the link it WILL OPEN a TELNET client on your pc, Don't worry this is normal (its how the streaming video is done).If you have a firewall then allow TELNET.EXE or whatever your telnet clent is called access.Believe me its worth it and its safe, this link came from the Cable modems forum cm-forums.co.ukHere is the linktelnet://towel.blinkenlights.nl/ Post back please with your comments, believe me its worth it.Enjoy(Edited by Jim Box at 12:42 am on June 29, 2002)
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Ah yes, I thought it might have been that! That was around as early as 1995 I think, back when Telnet was pretty cutting edge stuff! (Sort of..!) Certainly wouldn't have had conventional streaming media then... The reason I like it is that your imagination has to fill in what's going on. I shudder to think how long it took them to actually do it though!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
djdust

Post by djdust »

oh my god, that is AMAZING!! Is there any more to it? it stops just before they go to rescue Leia...
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Jim Box

Post by Jim Box »

Thats all I know too Daz, can't remember if their is a valid email address in the telnet stream or not.If their is it might be worth a quick mail.Jim
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

http://www.asciimation.co.nz/(this URL is actually given by the telnet server, but I had it bookmarked from waaay back)You can watch the thing in a Java applet rather than via telnet, and also get some background info about the project.[Happosai]
Crash

Post by Crash »

That is absolutely the most incredible thing. I love it! Thanks.
Dream big and bold and daring.