Luna!

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
felice

Luna!

Post by felice »

Yay! My Luna season one CDs have arrived... In a few hours Ill get to find out if it's as good as I remember (probably not, but hopefully it will still be fun). Anyone else remember this show? See http://www.randomstatic.net/luna for more info.
AndyThomas

Luna!

Post by AndyThomas »

Surprisingly for me, I don't, although at only 12 episodes total it was probably easy to miss and perhaps only aired in a limited number of regions?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Happosai

Luna!

Post by Happosai »

Hmmm...not one I remember, either...[Happposai]
Crash

Luna!

Post by Crash »

What the...? Are you serious? I was interested to note the "Welcome to the only site on the web devoted to the television series Luna" I wonder why that might be.No, sorry I spoke to soon. It looks hmm well...okayish.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Luna!

Post by Shane »

I have a very slight recollection of the series. The techno babble language used definitely rings a bell as does the weird title theme tune, I'm just a sucker for synthesizers. Where did you get your cd's from Felice?Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
GenoGear

Luna!

Post by GenoGear »

Humm not seen that one. But you can now get "Chocky" (That void thing in that kids bedroom) on DVD. That was as naff looking as Luna.
AndyThomas

Luna!

Post by AndyThomas »

Not quite as obscure, but I picked up a second hand DVD of Space 1999 this afternoon. It's still good fun even now in what would theoretically be the 3rd year after the Moon's unscheduled departure from Earth orbit! The DVD's menus are cleverly done as well...
felice

Luna!

Post by felice »

A very nice person who happened to have copies of the first season contacted me after finding the site, and sent me the CDs. And yes, it is still quite entertaining. A lot of the humour is based on word play (puns, etc), frequently with very rapid-fire dialog. The characters are pretty likeable in general, and the effects and production values are typical for the period (though trying to make plausible aliens is clearly not a priority). And Jazzmine is soooo cute! 8)
Shane

Luna!

Post by Shane »

<although at only 12 episodes total it was probably easy to miss and perhaps only aired in a limited number of regions?>I was checking out my Star Fleet related Look In's and In the tv guide it appears that Star Fleet and Luna was shown on the same day through 1983 with Star Fleet in a morning slot and Luna being shown between 5:15 and 6:15 in the evening. Luna also ran in pretty much all the regions. So If you watched Star Fleet the first time around you more than likely encountered Luna. I thought it was familiar, ah it's coming back to me now.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Luna!

Post by AndyThomas »

That's interesting - what else was on other channels in the time slot Luna was in then? My Look Ins don't quite cover the Star Fleet screening time so it looks like it might have been the Fall Guy or something that might have distracted my attention!