Luna!

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Crash

Luna!

Post by Crash »

I thought SF was shown in 1982 in the UK? No?
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Luna!

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, that's right - but it started in late October 1982 so ran on into 1983 if it's the mention of 1983 for Luna which has you confused. While I think about it and slightly off topic, has anyone ever come up with a date for the repeat of Star Fleet in the mid 80s? 85/86 was it?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Luna!

Post by Shane »

I'm a little hazy on that one as my region: HTV never repeated it. GRRR!I remember seing it in the tv listings for the Central region in the late Eighties though. I think you could be right with 1986, although Daz's tapes would seem to suggest that it was later still. It's a region thang.Back on Luna. You would have watched Luna on a saturday Tea time with a side order of CHiPS followed by 321. I can't for the life of me think what the BEEB had to offer in the way of early evening entertainment on a Saturday circa 1983. It wouldn't be the Pink Panther show or something like that would it?Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Luna!

Post by AndyThomas »

My guess would have been Buck Rogers in the 25th Century or perhaps Battlestar Galactica? Either of which would have had me glued to the set at the time!
Shane

Luna!

Post by Shane »

I'm not sure. Buck Rogers and BattleStar Galactica only ever turned up on the ITV regions during the Early Eighties. They didn't make it over to the Beeb untill the late Eighties early Nineties. Were probably talking Jim'll fix It. or some other family entertainment show on the BBC at that timeslot. Like you say 6 episodes 20 years ago is not going to be something easily remembered.CHiPS was bloody good though.Shane.(Edited by Shane at 9:55 pm on Oct. 22, 2002)
felice

Luna!

Post by felice »

> I was checking out my Star Fleet related Look In's and > In the tv guide it appears that Star Fleet and Luna was >shown on the same day through 1983 Do they have any other info on Luna besides the time slot? I'm always keen to find more material for the web site, but over here on the far side of the world I have limited access to old British tv-related publications.
Shane

Luna!

Post by Shane »

Unfortunately there isn't any other info on Luna in this particular issue of Look In Magazine other than the time slot in the TV Guide:I'll keep my eyes peeled though.Shane.
AndyThomas

Luna!

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh, those Look In guides do give you a great snapshot of what was around. Those must be the early Moomin cartoons... original Stig of the Dump... The Book Tower... What's odd is that Luna was on in both my possible regions for the time and I do remember CHiPs as well. Must just have been doing something else those Saturdays! I take it Look In didn't do BBC1 at the time...
Shane

Luna!

Post by Shane »

Just ITV and Channel 4 back then. The original Moomins totaly ruled. And Rainbow at 4 in the afternoon on a Friday was mandatory.I've been in a right retro mood lately, I got hold of A Dangermouse and Worzel Gummidge DVD yesterday. Dangermouse is probably more off it's head now viewed as an adult than it was as a child. And Gummidge is just plain scarey at times.Shane.
AndyThomas

Luna!

Post by AndyThomas »

I've just received some Look Ins which will help plug some gaps in my Look In Star Fleet collection, and on flicking through noticed something which I think will be of interest to Felice. Voila:These snippets come from the 5 Feb 83 to 26 Feb 83 issue of Look In inclusive, and from the wording of the final one there may well have been similar panels in the 2 Look Ins preceding the 5 Feb - nos 4 and 5 which I don't have but someone else may have? Please feel free to take them for use on your site if you'd like to...