Christmas Present

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
AndyThomas

Christmas Present

Post by AndyThomas »

I don't know what you'll make of this, but see what you think.  I had good fun putting it all together if nothing else...!  I'd recommend right-clicking on the link, and using "save target as", then play from your hard drive for smoothness...  I'll be interested to hear what you think!http://www.sfxb.co.uk/cartoonmix.wmv
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Christmas Present

Post by Shane »

That's very clever the way you've matched the dialogue between cuts, that must have took a bit of planing.Well done.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Christmas Present

Post by AndyThomas »

Cheers ;) Yeah, that was the funniest part actually - it just came to me last night, with the "Thunder" bit, then lightning, then the power theme and so on - but most of it I did this afternoon on the spur of the moment. I suppose I could have just done a mish-mash with a soundtrack behind it but I think it actually highlights some of the common themes quite nicely! I think the Ulysses/Thunderbirds 2086 transition is my favourite because it's so utterly random and totally mid-sentence!
FZeroOne

Christmas Present

Post by FZeroOne »

Wow, I feel like my childhood just went past in 60 seconds...! What, no Cities of Gold? ;)Thanks, Andy, that was fun! It was also amazing how many of those fondly remembered ( well, in most cases! ) series had Japanese involvement...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

Christmas Present

Post by AndyThomas »

MCOG is a bit tricky, because not one single tape of it got released in this country so I don't have the same source material for it as I do for other things. That said, I do have the intro of it as a video file - just not in quite the right format for making that compilation, basically...
FZeroOne

Christmas Present

Post by FZeroOne »

Thats okay, Andy, I figured you'd have included it if you could have done! It was great to see Thunderbirds 2086 again...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

Christmas Present

Post by AndyThomas »

The TB2086 intro's on SFXB in full, y'know - wmv format, but it's all there...
CondorJoe

Christmas Present

Post by CondorJoe »

nice work. every thought of making an advert for SFXB. I made one for the old adamantium webite some time ago.
AndyThomas

Christmas Present

Post by AndyThomas »

Hmm. What's your definition of "advert"? One thing I have done recently, which I haven't had in the past, is a banner graphic for people who want to link to the site. I suppose the next step up from that would be an animated gif. What was the concept you had in mind when the Archipelago version was current, then?
Matt Darcy

Christmas Present

Post by Matt Darcy »

banner adds are something that interests me. I am yet to see how a changing gif image can be linked to different sites, ie an sfxb one that says "come to sfxb" and then changes to "check out the forum "How could the first part link to sfxb.co.uk and the second to sfxb.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi ?Also adverts like the Amazon one which shows a "changing product" and links to it also impresses me. I have seen products like "ad Server" etc etc but I am interested in this at the image and HTML leve.PSNice work on the video clip, I enjoyed it a lot, some old favs.