80s Pop Charts

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Rachel

80s Pop Charts

Post by Rachel »

Way back in the days of the old forum, one of you lovely kind gentlemen gave me the URL of a very comprehensive website listing nearly all the Top 40 chart records in every bygone year. (At the time, I was specifically trying to identify a 1989 record.) Unfortunately, my old e-mail system went kaput, so the link is lost. I have tried to find it again in the Yahoo Music section, but got lost in the maze, and only found many inferior sites.I don't suppose anyone still has the URL for this site, by any chance? My new e-mail address is Rachel_63@hotmail.com, if you prefer to send the info privately. Cheers!
Shane

80s Pop Charts

Post by Shane »

I'm not sure if this is the same one, but it's good for finding old songs and bands where you can only remember the odd word here and there.http://www.everyhit.comShane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Rachel

80s Pop Charts

Post by Rachel »

Thanks, that seems to be a useful website, Shane. It's not the same as the other one (that gave you complete lists of every Top 40 hit, in each year), but no doubt it will solve queries in the future.
Rachel

80s Pop Charts

Post by Rachel »

Why is it that when I look at the 80s compilation CDs in the music stores, each one has maybe only 1 or 2 songs that I really like? I mean, never enough to make buying the whole CD worthwhile? Sheesh!
Rachel

80s Pop Charts

Post by Rachel »

Does anyone remember Living on Video by Trans-X, in 1985? I taped it from the radio, then, it was one of my favourite songs. Like an absolute jerk, I think I eventually recorded over it (although the cassette would probably have broken down by now anyway). As you might have guessed, it's one of the records I used to listen to a lot, the first time I was mad about Terrahawks; that's why I sometimes start humming it again now. As it was a one-hit wonder, I have a feeling it won't be an easy record to get back in my life.Is anyone else prepared to confess to throwing something away, then regretting it?
Rachel

80s Pop Charts

Post by Rachel »

There is a Dr Who museum near where my parents live, but I believe it's soon going to be closed down or moved. I looked round it recently, and it was quite interesting; there was a room decorated like a 1960s' lounge, containing a TV with a tiny screen, showing the very first Dr Who episode.I watched the programme sometimes, but wasn't a big fan like my dad. Something that puzzles me (without raising my blood pressure) is the animosity felt by many Dr Who fans, and other people, towards one of my '80s heroines, Bonnie Langford. (She happened to be the one who took over from Terrahawks as the Children's ITV presenter, late in 1984.) To me she seemed lovely, on the outside and the inside; but she must have said or done something heinous, as some people get emotional to the point of murder at the mention of her name.
felice

80s Pop Charts

Post by felice »

You're not the only one who likes her:http://www.tetrap.com/drwho/mel/index.shtmlI don't mind her myself, but then I haven't seen any of her episodes for years. I think people just like having a collective object of derision, without requiring much reason...