Star Fleet Fanzine

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Rachel

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Rachel »

If you make the magazine, will it be in all the newsagents? Reasons why I like the series: the plot is gripping, when I was 9 I always wanted to find out what would happen next Saturday morning. And it's just as exciting when you're adult (I reckon the best volume of all is the 6th, when Lamia is captured). I think Commander Makara is the most awesome thing about the show; no particular quotations of hers that I can pinpoint, she just has a magnetic presence (does that make sense?) I wonder if I would have bought the videos if there had been no Makara, and if they had been directly fighting the repulsive Imperial Master all along? The programme would be greatly inferior if that was the case.As with Terrahawks, the brilliant music (both the theme tune and all the background tunes) is definitely a touch that helps to make it worth re-watching over and over.
Crash

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Crash »

Sorry for the slow response - I think we're all lost in thought as to how to go about it.  It will certainly be a good way of advertising the fact that there still is an avid following of the series.  It's a much more proactive way of getting attention than having websites, for which the assumption of their existance must already be there for them to actually go looking.Instead of a passing thought: "Ooh it would be nice if there were more people into... oh well..." It would be a sure sign that there are and they aren't on their own.My only concern is that it would be a considerable workload to produce the amount of material required for a periodical.  Although it would not be impossible to overcome since the Star Trek Magazine survives quite nicley without any fanbased input whatsoever.The best way of doing it is to get some interviews with some of the people behind the show as well as fans who are actively involved with keeping the whole thing going.I think the first issue would have to be a recap however of what exactly the series was and how it went on -just to get a following onboard.Nonetheless I think it would be a tremendous idea if we could do it.  PS. I vote we should get an interview of Mr T, what do you say Andy?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Shane »

With regards to fan art, I found these long lost images on my hard drive from my aborted Star Fleet Comic project. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Rachel

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Rachel »

Crash Override, when you say Mr T, I assume you don't mean the guy in the A-Team, with the funny hairdo? If so, is he a big Starfleet fan?
Shane

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Shane »

I was just about to make the same joke Rachel, but you beat me to it. I can just hear it now "I ain't gettin on no X Bomber sucka!" Cheers Spidey6. I may start doing a few one off pictures now and again, it's just a time issue really.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by AndyThomas »

I'm the same as Shane, in that I've got much less time than I used to have. So aside from keeping the forum running and doing the odd Homeworld 2 badge it's difficult to commit to anything. I'm not quite clear on how this magazine is going to get distributed? Doesn't a fanzine normally go out to people on a mailing list/in a club? Just curious...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator