Thunderbirds2086

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
sffan

Thunderbirds2086

Post by sffan »

does anyone know if thunderbirds2086 ever had a video releaseeverything else in the 1980's seemed to.
ujkeyani
Jon Talpur

Thunderbirds2086

Post by Jon Talpur »

Yes, there were five tapes released in the UK with Thunderbirds 2086 episodes on them.Three of them were just consecutive volumes of episodes, with 4 on the first tape, and 6 episodes each on the other two tapes. These are definitely the ones to get.The other two tapes released were only short ones, one of them containing two episodes of TB2086 (that are on the main releases) coupled with a Captain Scarlet episode. The remaining tape however, just had two TB2086 episodes on it, one of them not on the three main TB2086 releases as above.So altogether 17 out of the 24 episodes produced made their way to home video one way or another.
NC

Thunderbirds2086

Post by NC »

Quote (Jon Talpur @ 06 May 2004,13:04)So altogether 17 out of the 24 episodes produced made their way to home video one way or another.what we all want to know is.. are there any plans for a DVD releaseNigel
Jon Talpur

Thunderbirds2086

Post by Jon Talpur »

I don't think there are any specific rights problems with the show, as ITC (makers of the original TB shows) owned it and presumably whoever (it was Carlton) owns the ITC archive still has the show.Maybe when the TB movie comes out they might release a few episodes? There's only so many times they can milk the original series dry...
Crash

Thunderbirds2086

Post by Crash »

Was it a cartoon? I never saw it.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Thunderbirds2086

Post by AndyThomas »

People, people - information on this show is available on this very site, including a video of the intro. You want to have a look here:http://www.sfxb.co.uk/animated/tbirds2086.html
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Thunderbirds2086

Post by Crash »

Hey man - you must have been in the boy-scouts or something. Talk about being prepared for anything. I didn't realise this had Barry Hercules in as well, disguised as a TBird pilot. - I like the way they've put in a token female as well. The uniforms look the same as those from The new TBirds Movie - (can't wait for that).... And I thought this was an X-Bomber site...
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Thunderbirds2086

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote (Crash Override @ 07 May 2004,20:58)Hey man - you must have been in the boy-scouts or something. Talk about being prepared for anything. I didn't realise this had Barry Hercules in as well, disguised as a TBird pilot. - I like the way they've put in a token female as well.  The uniforms look the same as those from The new TBirds Movie - (can't wait for that).... And I thought this was an X-Bomber site...Well it is - mainly. But there is a whole section of it devoted to "other 80s stuff" y'know; the clue's in the name of the sub-forum!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator