Centurions music

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Jon Talpur

Centurions music

Post by Jon Talpur »

Udi's Centurions music is great and I think as far as 80s cartoon soundtracks go, it's as good as anything from Saban & Levey (hmm...what do all three of them have in common?) - and that's saying something.Udi also did the music for the 1990s Spider-Man cartoon, but the themes on that show tend to be rather more repetitive and annoying than any of his Centurions work. It must be the synth aspect to his older stuff that made it so pleasing to the ears! If anyone were to make any separate tunes of that, I'd be there in no time!Check out the 1986 TV movie Annihilator too for some more stuff from Udi that is very similar to his Centurions work.
AndyThomas

Centurions music

Post by AndyThomas »

Weirdwolf, oddly enough I came across the battles theme just the other night. I'm not even sure who put it together - it wasn't me. Perhaps Shane or DJDust? There are a couple of ringtone style midi re-imaginings on the site, again donated, plus there's an instance of Star Fleet samples being used on a CD track; more details under About the Show, music. I imagine a CD of modern versions of the old shows would go down very well as a lot of people of my age would do the words off by heart!So there's a music connection between the Centurions and Airwolf? Not anything I'm an expert on by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think music can make or break a show. For example, I find the use of music on Babylon 5 exceptionally strong for what was a weekly show. I think early Trek: Next Gen made good use of atmoshphere music, but I think later series used it less - just something I noticed once when I was wondering why they didn't quite "feel" the same.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator