Thunderbirds: The Movie

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Well from the UK ad I seen on TV today it says it hit the cinema on the 16th July. Hummm another film starts on the same day and that film is Spider-Man 2. I think its a bad move to put Thunderbirds on at the same time it will just get a good pimp slapping.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I've seen the TB trailer a couple of times now, and I'm sorry, but a TB ring tone?! And did that kid actually use the phrase "Thunderize"?!! There's something about the way they've done it that smacks to me of a Power Rangers style approach.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

The kid has lipstick on aswell
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Ah, so it wasn't just my imagination. I actually wondered if they were doing that as some sort of reference to the original series and their being puppets in some sort of strange, abstract way and slightly disturbing way... It just looks terribly, terribly... glossy, to me, somehow. I think some people will probably watch it just for the sake of seeing just how much it manages to trample on the spirit of the original series...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Quote (saphire @ 09 July 2004,13:29)Hmm, I'm still going to see it whether it looks crappy or not. There is some entertainment in watching Thunderbird 3 (My personal fave...) flying around with all those cool (or not so cool to the professional eyes) effects. Ah well, I am a big kid after all..... It'll be a good laugh!  I'll be there too hun.OMG Brains and Tin Tin are kids.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Adam

Post by Adam »

>>avoid it like the plague<<I'm taking this option, then I know I'll have a good summer.
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Quote (mike @ 10 July 2004,20:59)I think the general consensus is that people will see it just for the sake of seeing it, or avoid it like the plague.Personally, it looks atrocious, everything about it, the CGI, the design, plot, marketing, soundtrack, characterisation is an example of how things shouldn't be done. There are too many junk adapatations being made that ignore the essential elements and formula that make a series successful. The media coverage is totally undeserved. I will not drive a Ford in the next five years as a result of the current promotion, GT40s excepted. I would do Claire Sturgiss though.It is more cringeworthy than R2D2 with a jetpack.Spidey 2 looks promising. This is a bit off topic, but I recommend that instead of TB people go see a Japanese film called Ju On. Go see it now before the Guardian readers discover it.MikeI got Ju-On on DVD back in Jan. I now have Ju-On 2.