Star Fleet Fanzine

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Crash

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Crash »

The irony wasn't entirely lost on me when I posted it. I was referring to our brave and fearless leader, Mr Thomas. Infact that's given me an idea... we have got to find out if the "I pity da fool" Mr T is indeed a fan of the show.This is what interests me however: as Andy says, how we're gonna make a go of getting it into circulation.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by AndyThomas »

There is one option which comes to mind, depending on where you are - comics shops. I've seen little mini-comics for sale in them that are clearly locally created. I say for sale, but they're actually just a couple of pence. Although I suspect that people in comics shops would know enough to look for it on the web if they wanted to. Unfortunately Manga Max is now defunct...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Rachel »

The convention sounds a good idea; would it involve a merchandise bring-and-buy fair? If it was combined with Terrahawks, Denise Bryer would be a great person to invite along, because she's a link between the 2 programmes.I'm interested in the "double personality" you mentioned regarding Makara. I would have said that was a Captain Carter trait? Makara seems the same throughout the series.I wasn't all that keen on Transformers, maybe because there were no great female characters in it. I have noticed that Care Bears have also made a comeback, in some shops; I used to have a pink CB (can't remember what was on his tum) but eventually gave him away.
Shane

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Shane »

If you look at the number of posts in the Terrahawks section, it far outweighs the Star Fleet ones, so a broader Fanzine might work better than say one that just focus's on Star Fleet, It would certainly be a must where Conventions are concerned. I think we disscussed in the past that Star Fleet could slot into any number of Major Conventions: Transformers, Gerry Anderson, Anime, etc.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Crash »

Yeah a double part one would be a safer, easier bet - I reckon. You want to ask Nigel Critten about that. Oh yeah and a convention would be mint. Just make sure it's in school term-time - I'd hate to miss a day's holiday.
Dream big and bold and daring.
felice

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by felice »

> I'm interested in the "double personality" you mentioned regarding Makara.Presumably referring to her eyepatch-face which occasionally spoke for her.With regards to a fanzine, I think the best option is to make it up as a pdf file, freely available for people to download and print themselves (with assembly instructions, eg print on both sides of an A4 page in this order, staple in the middle and fold to make an A5 booklet). Printing might be a hassle for those in the US, who use "Letter" sized paper instead of A4, though. People without their own printers could order pre-printed copies for a fee, and people could print spare copies to take in to local comic shops etc if they so desired.