Transformers the Movie 2

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
Matt Darcy

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Matt Darcy »

Hello all,Looking back on this year we have seen some great use of movie technology, to create some great cgi sequences, such as yoda in AOTC, some super monthsters in the poor film lord of the rings, some great manipulation of film, such as the stunts in spider man, I know there has been a transformers the movie in a cartoon format which had a great plot and some great action sequences, what about it they made another movie but with a more real theme. Such as actors playing spike and sparkplug, driving real trucks that became transformers, a better background for a story there is not, a more menecing villian the megatron/galvatron there isn't, and a better use for this new found movie technology I can't imagane.thoughts ?Matt.
Crash

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Crash »

I think youre right although LOTR2 was good it had nothing on the first one. Oh yes not forgetting the best movie of the year ST: Nemesis.Sounds good I like robots nomatter how infeasible they are; drivers or none but I'm just lookin' forward to... Thunderbirds the movie. "International Rescue certainly is a dirty word around here"
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by AndyThomas »

I'm sure it'd be possible - I mean, the Power Rangers movie mixed CGI mechs with pilots. Up to this point Transformers has tended to be one or the other - i.e. traditional cartoon or completely CGI rendered. The only problem is, I'm not sure how convincing you could make the transformations. The toys seldom look like the characters in the cartoons because they just can't - it's physically impossible most of the time. Plus there's the size differences between the robots and the vehicles, Megatron being a prime (ahem) example. I do actually remember seeing a video somewhere which did show a very clever transformation of a vehicle that looked very realistic. So yes, I'm sure you could do it, I just don't know if it'd be in the tradition of the series. Anyone else?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Matt Darcy

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Matt Darcy »

I think once you have stepped into the relms of fantasy, certain things are acceptable.If you accept the film is about a group of robots from space who can transform, you may as well accept the fact that they can change sizes in their transformed state.I agree the transformation sequences would be hard to do, and your point on the toys is valid, however if not to much time is spent on individual joints I think this could work.I would love to see Arival from cyberton made into a full movie
Crash

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Crash »

I think they were just changed so they could exist as being a few centimetres long and not break. Maybe they would work in real size using a bit of camera trickery etc.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Chris Snape

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Chris Snape »

Arrival from Cybertron as a proper film. That would be awesome! They could still use the same voices too, afterall it's only been 17 years.
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Matt Darcy

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Matt Darcy »

ahhh there is a believerI think the plot for arival from cyberton is a good plot and would make a great film. If it goes well there is good storys around for a follow up.the rebirth - with the headmasters could be good grounds for a story as humans would be about "head size" and the interaction would be great.don't know how to make this happen though
AndyThomas

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by AndyThomas »

Here's a page about that clip I mentioned above:http://members.cox.net/msmith1015/VWVideo.htm
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Matt Darcy

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Matt Darcy »

coolest thing I have seen in a while.I am surprised bradseters not involved.