Transformers the Movie 2

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
FZeroOne

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by FZeroOne »

Quote (AndyThomas @ 06 Jan. 2003,18:22)I'm sure it'd be possible - I mean, the Power Rangers movie mixed CGI mechs with pilots.  Up to this point Transformers has tended to be one or the other - i.e. traditional cartoon or completely CGI rendered.  The only problem is, I'm not sure how convincing you could make the transformations.  The toys seldom look like the characters in the cartoons because they just can't - it's physically impossible most of the time.  Plus there's the size differences between the robots and the vehicles, Megatron being a prime (ahem) example.  Andy, computer technology has allowed the latest Transformers series characters models to be almost identical to their toy counterparts.Unfortunately, if the US version is anything to go by, the plots have gotten even  worse...   Is the vehicle one you're thinking of the latest Citroen C5 advert?I believe the US live action movie is not going to have cassette players growing into giant robots (a Transformers movie without Soundwave? Pah! I say...   ); perhaps they will take inspiration from the recent, very detailed "BinalTech/Alternators" toy-line for collectors...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Zordon

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Zordon »

From what I know there have been pics and rough footage of the auto-bots in action. Optimus Prime in Convoy mode is the real deal. Ford have built the convoy to the very last detail, other auto-bots include Jazz, Rodimus Prime (as well as his Hot rod mode)Decipticons come in the form of starscream, an actual jet was made for all the dog fights. Unfortunatly no Megatron !!! . nope instead we get Galvatron. the only reason I can think this is is because it would look crap seeing a big ass robot transform into a gun and down-size so it could fit into the hand of another bot. But most suprisingly is the choice of actors rumoured playing the humansBruce Willis or Arnie to play SparkplugSean Aston (Samwise LOTR) as Spikethat's about all I know
Look an Alien cruiser!!
AndyThomas

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by AndyThomas »

Wow, old thread resurrected eh?! The Citroen ad is certainly a shining example of how they could do it now, and of course there's been a fan-made example knocking around for some time as I noted in early 2003. From what Dave says it seems that they're going to avoid the shrinkage issue by using characters which don't need to, ah, "super-size" when they transform, which makes sense as the current crop of 'Formers don't seem to go in for size changes. But it does mean several favourites from G1 couldn't be included depending on which version of them you adopt - for example, the Insecticons in the comic are, well, insect-sized but in the cartoons don't shrink, IIRC.Personally I'd love to see the Dreamwave style of Transformers comics animated, that'd be superb.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
ED 209

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by ED 209 »

Hi all,A mate of mine has been banging on about a Transformers Movie ever since seeing this advert for the Citroen C4. http://www.citroen.co.uk/c4/homepage.as ... e=c4Seeing above that there is going to be one he will be most pleased!
I'd buy that for a dollar!
Crash

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Crash »

ED209... were the big sentry robots from Robocop, right? Hey I'm good.Welcome to the forum, man.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Zordon »

go out and buy toyfair magazine from your local comic shop. theres a feature on the CGI / Live action movie.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Matt Darcy

Transformers the Movie 2

Post by Matt Darcy »

They ripped off me idea ;)glad this is happening though, I think the origional plots such as arival from cybertron would make a great plot.I'm dissapointed about the size aspect, as your already in fantasy land so you may as well stay true, soundwave had some great gimics with rumble/ravage/laserbeak begin part of him so it will be sad he's not around, and megatron was a superb villan, although galvertron voice by Nemoy (not that sqeeky guy they got in subsiquent cartoons) would be a good replacment.Heres an interesting thought, could we see the constructicons, maybe even devestator....now how could the creation of devastator/brutiucs/$other look.....I'm really looking forward to this and hope people post updates here so I can follow