Anyone any ideas??

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
FZeroOne

Anyone any ideas??

Post by FZeroOne »

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! I know this one!Er... that is, I had to go and look up what it was called in the Anime Encyclopedia, but at least I knew what you were on about!Kyoryu Tankentai Born Free, aka Dinosaurs Investigators Born Free, aka Born Free. According to the Encyclopedia, it dates from 1976 and is about a comet that passes the Earth, causing Dinosaurs to come out of hiding and start roaming the Earth once again... I mainly know it from its associated toy-line, though I haven't been able to dig up any pictures for you yet. I know they're out there somewhere...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
FZeroOne

Anyone any ideas??

Post by FZeroOne »

Still no toys, but I found this link to a video clip:http://regnodelleanime.gamesurf.it/filtro/bornfree.htm
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Anyone any ideas??

Post by Crash »

You know that looks pretty sweet I gotta say. Well done FZeroOne. I had a look at this before but hadn't got a clue myself.
Dream big and bold and daring.
FZeroOne

Anyone any ideas??

Post by FZeroOne »

Glad I could help. Unfortunately, I don't know where you could obtain a copy, but you could try the Italian and French e-bays - rather like our own beloved Star Fleet, this seems to be one of those Japanese shows that escaped to Europe...Edit: now that I think about it, Boomer, did you see the series in the UK? I don't recall coming across it during my childhood...
FZeroOne

Anyone any ideas??

Post by FZeroOne »

Thanks to the nice people at Toybox DX, I finally found a link to one of the toys:http://www.collectiondx.com/viewrec....t&ID=98Tomy obviously have a thing about dinosaurs...!