The Children of the Sun...

Chat about other 80s stuff, on or off SFXB
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

From Anime News Network:"Mysterious Cities of Gold DVDs in UK in 2008, US Later:The media rights holder and distributor Fabulous Films revealed that it will release the first English DVDs for The Mysterious Cities of Gold adventure series in the United Kingdom in February 2008, with release plans in the United States and Australia afterwards. The European production company DIC and Japan's Studio Pierrot based this 39-episode series about the search for South America's mythical Seven Cities of Gold on The King's Fifth novel from Scott O'Dell (Island of the Blue Dolphins). The series aired widely throughout the world, including on Japan's NHK in 1982, Nickelodeon in the United States in the late 1980s, Australia's ABC, and the Children's BBC in the United Kingdom. Thanks, Tyler Schug."http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news....s-laterAll together now - "Children of the Sun, your time has just begun... "
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Darthdc

Post by Darthdc »

Currently watching the dvds again - very catchy theme tune. Never remember the mini docus at the end - or did BBC delete them?
May the Force be with you!
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

I think that they may have shown them the first time around, but not on subsequent airings.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Darthdc

Post by Darthdc »

HMV now have 3 versions for sale:HMV exclusive set (which I own) £40Gold design boxset £33Gold design boxset £55The latter two both have the same design packaging but as you can see, have different prices.
May the Force be with you!
GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE

Re: The Children of the Sun...

Post by GELDRATHERATTLESNAKE »

Darthdc wrote:Currently watching the dvds again - very catchy theme tune. Never remember the mini docus at the end - or did BBC delete them?
Only in the foreign versions. A guy at work didn't believe me when I told him about the Aztec human sacrifice ritual and DON'T get me started on the film Apocalypto :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .....
Serenity

Re: The Children of the Sun...

Post by Serenity »

The mini docs were definitely on the Beeb airings, I remember them quite vividly. One of the first things I checked out when I got the DVDs, just to see if they were on there.

Fantastic box set. Still haven't made my way through the season 2 blu ray set though! :shock:
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.