Star Fleet Fanzine

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Rachel

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Rachel »

I'm not particularly bothered about having a bring'n'buy fair, I was just trying to guess what a convention would involve; I obviously guessed incorrectly. So now I'm more curious than ever as to what the events will be. An 80s disco is a sensational idea.
AndyThomas

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by AndyThomas »

"Conventions" vary a lot - some are primarily about the dealer rooms, others are more fan driven with the dealer rooms being secondary. You can read about some of my old experiences here if you're curious:http://www.adamantium.demon.co.uk/babyl ... 3595.htmlI apologise for the quality of the photos - I haven't looked at them for literally years and they were scanned in with equipment that's positively stone age compared to today's kit. Still, they'll give you some idea. Really ought to get round to redoing them at some point I suppose...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Crash »

Okay I like the PDF file idea - no reason why someone can't do both. Never been to convention but i'd make an exception for this. Besides if you can have a Volvo 480 convention 6 times a year I don't see why we can't have one.What I was saying was to have the convention IN term time - it wouldn't be proper junket otherwise. We could probably bring half the UK's workforce to a standstill if we worked at it. As regards weekends we don't have them - they keep us chained to grindstone.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Rachel »

Re the fancy dress idea, "Lamia" could be a possibility for me, if I got my hair blown straight, and wore my old purple silky nightie (the closest thing to her gown I have). It would have to be a very warm day, for me to wear that, though.
Shane

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Shane »

Without trying to make your job even harder than it already is, it might be a good idea to produce a fanzine based around the Star Fleet/Terrahawks era, you could then incorperate other things, such as the music of the time, toys and other similar shows and films. Obviously your main interest is Star Fleet but having broader content would give you a bigger audience.When I thnk of Star Fleet and Terrahawks I think of Synthesizer Groups/New Romantics, Breakdancing, Arcade games, Toy Robots, etc. A fanzine designed with a cool retro look of the electro age, with a couple of big scoops of Star Fleet thrown in, would be fantastic.A possible title: Perfectly Programmed AndroidThere's certainly enough contributors on here with expertise in various fields of interest to make it work. The Star Fleet info is already out there, so the donkey work is done. A few contributiors and a bit of editing and your dream of a Star Fleet/80's fanzine is more than obtainable.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Rachel

Star Fleet Fanzine

Post by Rachel »

I wonder, if I was discovering S'fleet and T'hawks for the first time now, would I associate contemporary pop songs with them? And I wonder what different nostalgic images are evoked in the minds of people who were already adult in the 80s, when they hear the records I like?