Online Gaming Frenzy

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Matt Darcy

Online Gaming Frenzy

Post by Matt Darcy »

Ladies and gents. I fancy playing some online games, I am board with playing with people in the USA and Germany, I want to play with people I "know" There fore I have put a server on the net to host an online game or "something" - it is quite powerfull so don't be shy. I would suggest something with many players available in 1 games, like Age of emipers II or Startrek Armada 1 or 2 ? empire earth, unreal (poor PC's can run untreal) I am open to suggestions
AndyThomas

Online Gaming Frenzy

Post by AndyThomas »

I will quite happily LRM you to death in Netmech - I used to be well into that game. See:http://www.adamantium.demon.co.uk/netmech/Haven't played for ages though. I doubt I could shoehorn Quake 2 back onto my machine; my on-line gaming mainstay has been Starcraft: Brood Wars for literally years now, because it's dead easy to play on-line and isn't massively resource intensive. It's out on bugdet, BTW. So I'd be game for that, although I'd have to admit I normally play with a team vs comps rather than vs humans. It'd be easy to set up a SFXB room and stuff on Battlenet too. Looks like it'll be a couple of weeks before I can start whooping ass in any new shiny games, and the Ethernet card on the new machine won't be getting used in anger either, so...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Matt Darcy

Online Gaming Frenzy

Post by Matt Darcy »

Great.Look forward to sorting this out. any other games !!!Why will the ethernet card not be used in anger ?
Jim Box

Online Gaming Frenzy

Post by Jim Box »

Looks like Andy is still stuck with 56K until cable or BT cable him up
AndyThomas

Online Gaming Frenzy

Post by AndyThomas »

Exactomundo. Unless I form the world's daftest W/LAN by getting a really long cable to someone else's machine! I did it with a view to the announcement that BT is going to be cutting the cost of broadband - although I'm not 100% sure what BT's definition of "broadband" is - presumably ADSL. Whether I could actually get it in my area would be another question of course... If the 3G rollout was going faster I imagine high speed wireless connections would be a good alternative, provided they did capped rates...
AndyThomas

Online Gaming Frenzy

Post by AndyThomas »

£2.99?! Well that's definitely one for my wish list - I played the original PC Battlezone and enjoyed it a lot, it'll be budget range as well. So let's see, that's Battlezone 2, Homeworld, Homeworld: Cataclysm, Half-Life, Independence War 1+2, Black and White, maybe Mechwarriors 3 and 4, and so the list goes on! Great thing is, a lot of games that will be "new" for me will be out on budget. Having waited this long for a new machine you'd think I could wait another 2 weeks but I'm getting seriously impatient now!