Graphics Gurus and Web chaps

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

Hello all,I have a couple of non proffit and some fun ideas for some websites. I have been developing backend code and database models and querys. My html is quite good as a rule and I can get some good effects, however the big thing I am lacking is CREATIVE VISION I am not very good at making things look pretty in my own mind. I am looking for a couple of people (pref some with computer graphics skills and some with raw or web layout skills) to assit me in putting these sites on the web, if you know php/c++/java/plsql/mysql all the better to help me though. There no pay involved so don't get your hopes up these are fun or opensource projects but to be honest some of them could get some good hits and publicity I am ready to go, but if I start on my own it will take forever and will look dull. I have worked on a few opensource projects (never web) before and find working in remote locations quite fun and not a problem.any takes (god I hope so)Matt.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I'm not really all that hot when it comes to graphics and layout; it comes of having quite limited resources, at least up to this point in time. I imagine Dave would be the most creative around here 2D graphics wise, Brad better for 3D but I suppose we're all busy on our own projects one way or another at the moment... I certainly wouldn't mind being available for queries as I've got good experience of the quirks of browsers these days. Not so hot on my database skills - I've done the theory but don't have a lot of practice on the application side of things really...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

I've never really written much database software aside from some spell checking programs and file searchers from back in high school. I might be able to lob a layout and graphic or two at you, though. What kind of web sites are you thinking of making?