Clone War Trailer

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

Clone War Trailer

Post by AndyThomas »

(Bilbo gags aside) Nice poster:http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec....3780610
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Clone War Trailer

Post by AndyThomas »

Yoda: Size matters not.Bilbo: Just as well really.
leigh gti6

Clone War Trailer

Post by leigh gti6 »

I too along with alot of other people found TPM dissapointing. But after watching it countless times on Video and DVD it really started to grow on me. Now it must rate as one of my all time favourie films. The POD race still blows me away now.
AndyThomas

Clone War Trailer

Post by AndyThomas »

Oh, I'd heard he quite liked it, if it's the person I heard about. But random having a rough cut available on the Net, but then Lucas does like his CGI these days so maybe they left one of their servers open... This is the sort of thing Hollywood's going to have nightmares about before too long, ####, you could walk out of a studio with a master copy on a DVD...
Shane

Clone War Trailer

Post by Shane »

Darth Vader: "Bilbo never told you the truth Frodo. I am your father!"Frodo: "Yeah right! you're Just after my ring."Darth Vader: I'm not that kind of Sith Lord.(Edited by Shane at 6:57 pm on Mar. 20, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

Clone War Trailer

Post by Shane »

Yeah Gareth man, I've just got it through the post today.There's 4 pages on X Bomber, one of these being a really sweet BIG DAI X schematic diagram, which contains some small black and white versions of the Artwork that Andy has on his site of the individual ships, along with some brand spanking new images.The article is relatively short but contains a few interesting snippets of info regarding the techniques employed by the special effects people who worked their magic on the show: Cosmo Productions.I'll try and get the page images up ASAP but here's a little bit from the end of the article which seems to be proving all too true for us X Bomber/Star Fleet fans."X-Bomber premiered on Japan's Fugi TV network, Channel 8, on October 11, 1980 in a 6:00-6:30 p.m. prime-time slot. It will play there for the next 23 Saturdays. Enoki Films Co., Ltd., a foreign distribution company, has reportedly sold the program to the BBC for British broadcasting, where it will be seen on Gerry Anderson's home ground. Enoki is also offering X-Bomber to the American TV networks, but there has been no interest so far for the usual reason: the American networks look upon animation (cartoon or puppet) as fare for young children only, and X-Bomber contains too much dynamic action to be considered suitable for Children's TV. Fans of Gerry Anderson-style SF puppetry can only continue to writhe in frustration and wait for somebody to figure out a way to bring such programs back to American (and British) viewers."The magazine article is dated June 1981, so it was a good 16 months before we actually got our version of the show. (and not on the BEEB either) The poor Americans had an even longer wait. Shane.(Edited by Shane at 6:58 pm on Mar. 23, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Clone War Trailer

Post by AndyThomas »

Hm. I got very excited yesterday when I got back from work to discover an "unable to deliver" notice - unfortunately it was a poster, not my copy of Fantastic Films Still, it'll be a nice addition to the Origins section as and when it does arrive... S'funny, I think I'd vaguely looked for it before but until the UK auction hadn't really thought to do the obvious and look on eBay.com...