AOTC Novel

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Shane

AOTC Novel

Post by Shane »

According to theforce.net AOTC is getting some very favorable reviews from the press screenings that are going on at the moment. Some say it is second only to Empire, and that it is easily the most action packed of all the Star Wars movies. Still it's very easy to get too excited and then have your hopes dashed, so I'm gonna keep cool about it for another two weeks just in case.I actually got round to getting some tickets yesterday (lazy git that I am) Managed to get a morning show on the 16th. I feel a sickie coming on. ;) Shane.(Edited by Shane at 8:01 am on May 4, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Jim Box

AOTC Novel

Post by Jim Box »

Just heard that 90% of AOTC was filmed against a blue screen, YAWN!!!!When will producers/directors realise that (some) people would prefer to see real sets, real ships, real explosions etc and not just "another computer generated movie".Ok, so without getting into flames give us a chance to explain!1. The Mummy, locust/beetle scenes all CGI and it showed, looked cheap.2. TPM Battledroids standing up, boring, I would rather see 100 soldiers (real actors/extras) stand to attention than see 1 robot stand up and cloned a thousand times.3. AOTC - The space ships (the silver nubian is it?) you can tell its not real and just "another bit of CGI"Get my point?Films excellently done with CGI include:-1. Toy story 1+2, no contest really, you knew it was CGI when you saw the 1st frame yet after 5 mins you were so drawn into the film, it was perfect.2. Impossible Mission 2 - When Tom Cruise skydives through the roof of the building and stops just short of the floor. It looked real and in the making of scenes when you saw how it was done, you knew it was done properly.3. The Matrix - two scenes, the lobby fight was real, with real airguns etc blowing up polystyrene chunks off the columns, but the list door blowing off was CGI. and secondly the bullet dodging scenes could have been CGI but were done with painstaking still image work with 100 remote controlled 35mm cameras.Rant over, off to do a search on Kazaa for Spiderman and AOTC!Jim
Jim Box

AOTC Novel

Post by Jim Box »

Oops nearly forgot, any truth in the fact that Lucas wanted to release AOTC on 4th May in the US but wasn't allowed?May the 4th be with you?Jim
Shane

AOTC Novel

Post by Shane »

I know what you mean. ;)Shane.(Edited by Shane at 7:01 am on May 8, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

AOTC Novel

Post by AndyThomas »

Hoi, watch the spoilers people!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator