AOTC Novel

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

AOTC Novel

Post by AndyThomas »

Ooooh, reading a book before a film. That really messed up my first watching of FOTR - but then of course the film's an adaptation of the book; in this case the book's an adaptation of the film, so maybe that's OK! I've still got an old Return of the Jedi graphic novel somewhere that's quite good - it's actually printed paperback size, but in colour, which is quite unusual...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

AOTC Novel

Post by Shane »

Oooooooooo Gareth you little spoiler fiend you. I'm being really cool about it this time around, as I think I read every book connected with TPM before I actually saw the movie. I'm going into this movie fairly spoiler free, although I have indulged in a few, but nothing to heavy. I'll probably buy the soundtrack tomorrow and listen to it once before putting it to one side untill I have seen the movie. Anyone seen the ads on tv yet? The Jango Fett one looks the business and the Clone Trooper one which can be found at theforce.net is gobsmackingly good.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

AOTC Novel

Post by AndyThomas »

There are quite a few of the bus shelter size posters up around me; as I drive into work I find it quite distracting! That ad for the Daily Mail on Sunday was great too - almost as good as a trailer for the film! Just 16 days give or take to go. Watched some little bits of TPM tonight as well - I really need to get the DVD so I can just skip to the duel (can you call it that when there's 3 of 'em?!) at the end!
Shane

AOTC Novel

Post by Shane »

This is quite bizare, I watched TPM last night too! I guess it was because of this post, or could their be another more sinister reason behind it all? Anyway thank god for DVD so I can watch my own little Phantom edit of the movie which consists of:The opening titles - The pod race and The end battle. Heh, the movie then changes from being the worst Star Wars movie ever to the best 30 min Star Wars movie ever. Thats why I think AOTC could well kick some ass, because their wasn't really anything wrong with the action scenes in TPM as such (apart from Jar Jar and Young Anakin, who slightly balls up the end battle) And Lucas has probably learned a few lessons from TPM in regard to the pacing of the movie, God the Tatooine and Coruscant scenes go on and on and on.... Anyway I'm glad to hear that the Novel's good, hopefully it will translate onto the big screen even better.Shane.
Shane

AOTC Novel

Post by Shane »

150th post
leigh gti6

AOTC Novel

Post by leigh gti6 »

Has anybody booked tickets yet for AOTC? Already have mine for a midnight showing the day it comes out. Sad I know.Need to find a way of how to dismantle a bus stop. One of those posters would look great on my wall.
AndyThomas

AOTC Novel

Post by AndyThomas »

Heh. Yes, wouldn't they just! You'd never get them that big from normal stores either, I bet. I reckon they'll turn up on Ebay before long. It's a subtle way of advertising it but there do seem to be a lot of them about - I think there are three or 4 variations? Mace and Obi Wan, the Count bloke and what are presumably a couple of armoured clones, Annakin and Amydala, plus (and this could be my imagination!) Jango Fett as well?