Anyone interested in this?

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, there are similar things for Homeworld as well, and Independence War II Edge of Chaos; probably a few others. There are tutorials around on how to do it but you really need a big team working on this sort of thing, the meshes could probably be fairly basic but then there's weapon behaviour and all sorts to try and figure out. It'd certainly be interesting to try, but it'd require an investment in time which I just don't have...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Indeed. I ought to get round to downloading it one of these days. I mean, the first time you see a beam weapon in Homeworld a B5 fan is always going to scream one of several options - Shadow Death Ray, Narn Battlecruiser Death Ray, White Star Death Ray, Agamemnon Death Ray and so on ad infinitum! I still can't believe the game fell through. I have a superb animated mouse mat which I ordered from the States when it went belly up - they were offloading all the promotional merchandise they'd had made. Crying shame...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, I've just forked out for the full version of Cinema4D. I'll now have all the manuals etc but it'll still take me a while to get to grips with it all. But I'm hoping to do a fairly polygon heavy version of a few ships, I don't know how you'd go about doing a version suitable for a game - by the time I learned how a new space sim would likely be out anyway! Presumably of Freespace 2 and Homeworld one is easier to mod than the other? They're both out on budget now, so...