VIRUS ALERT

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
CondorJoe

VIRUS ALERT

Post by CondorJoe »

ok hands up all those who have and dodgy e-mail from brad(not the real brad)?.....ok,, 1,2,3 oh and me too. whose playing funny buggers? my outlook express just recieved 9 messeges from brad.
Bradster

VIRUS ALERT

Post by Bradster »

You see, THAT is why I want to nuke this problem as soon as possible. I don't want my name getting sent out around the world and end up either geting blamed for some of this mess or have someone go sign me up for a bunch of spam. Grrrr.I just wonder who on earth this could be that has all of us SFXB'ers in his database! I mean, I think the only people here that I've ever communicated with via e-mail are Andy Thomas and Simon Coverdale.:confused:
Crash

VIRUS ALERT

Post by Crash »

Well if our persuasion doesn't work I'm sure my friends at BTInternet would be amenable to er. deleing his account and a few other things.One theory a friend of mine has was that the emails are simply passing through "philmein" and originating from somewhere else. Either way I'm sure BTInternet woul be able to track the mail coming into this account and where IT comes from.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

VIRUS ALERT

Post by AndyThomas »

That's alright - it happens. Glad you were able to sort it, and thanks to everyone who reported it to help get the problem sorted. What I often find surprising is that virus checkers don't always spot a dodgy file until after you've opened it - perhaps because the filenames are always changing. So it's well worth just looking at filenames before you open attachments and if it doesn't seem legit, nuke it. Let's be careful out there ;)
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

VIRUS ALERT

Post by Bradster »

Ah, good. I'm just glad this situation has been resolved.Thanks for the update.
Crash

VIRUS ALERT

Post by Crash »

"I'm sure my friends at BTInternet would be amenable to er. deleing his account and a few other things"Uh, sorry about that I didn't know it was yours, honest. We all reckoned it was just random guy, trying to annoy me.Anyway no harm done, not an easy thing to sort out. But, well done on kickin' their asses.
Dream big and bold and daring.