CNX - whos watching?

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
FZeroOne

CNX - whos watching?

Post by FZeroOne »

Just curious - its sometimes difficult to judge just how popular anime is in the UK from the crystal towers of long-time fan circles (the kind that laugh at all the jokes - without subtitles!). [1]So, is anyone here watching CNX? What do you think? Cowboy Bebop is probably the best thing on there at the moment, but some kind of special award should surely be given to whoever thought up Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law!The interesting part is if it follows its US parent, we could see some even more interesting stuff - Gundam and my personal favourite, Patlabor on TV (somewhat different from the movie versions you may know).For that matter, what about Saiko: Exciting on Sci-Fi? (mental note - keep Mr. Clements away from the microphone at all costs!)[1] As its sometimes difficult to discern humourous intent in text, I just want to emaphasise this line is entirely meant to be tongue in cheek...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Bradster

CNX - whos watching?

Post by Bradster »

Harvey Birdman rocks. My old roommate was a HUGE fan of Cowboy Beebop too.In the US, the lineup you described is part of the late night "Adult Swim" on The Cartoon Network. I assume The Cartoon Network is the parent of CNX, right? (just a guess)
Matt Darcy

CNX - whos watching?

Post by Matt Darcy »

the cnx channel has only just last week become available in the UK on Sky digital.
AndyThomas

CNX - whos watching?

Post by AndyThomas »

I know, indirectly, one of the people responsible for CNX and it is Cartoon Network affiliated. I believe Cartoon Network over here wants to focus on its core traditional cartoons, so the darker stuff and more adult anime shows have been moved into the new CNX channel. Given the resources available to it I'm sure anime fans will be kept happy by it...!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
CondorJoe

CNX - whos watching?

Post by CondorJoe »

I'm very much pissed of with CN. Because I spent one evening waiting for Dragonball Z, then they slap a shit load of repeats on or some lame ass cartoon cartoon like dexters lab in the slot. So when I saw an add for toonami new shows 19/08/02 on the back on my latest CVG. I wait patiently that evening for some DBZ, Tenchi, or Gundam and what happens? Bloody Dexters lab and flaming tom and jerry. Because im on cable we don't get CNX and I'm pissed off even more. Hulk Smash Hulk. I also hate Bravo too because they stick BOTP on at 4:50am. Like whose going too be up at that time anyhow?(Edited by CondorJoe at 12:11 pm on Oct. 31, 2002)
Happosai

CNX - whos watching?

Post by Happosai »

And what, may I ask, is wrong with Dexter's Lab?DL, Powerpuff Girls (kawaaaiiii! ^_^) and Johhy Bravo were the only things I saw on CN that I enjoyed, when we had it...apart from the Dragonball Z marathons at the weekend (which were tedious beyond belief), I didn't get to see miuch of the other anime stuff they showed, since it was always on whilst I was at work, or at prime time, which made it impossible to watch with my housemates, since it usually clashed with BtVS or somesuch...I'd like to see some Samurai Jack...sounds interesting (and it's by DL / PPG creator Genndy Tartakovsky, which is a good thing...!)It looks like bad news for US CN anime fans, since they're ditching all but two shows from the start of next year <http://www.cpwire.com/archive/2002/10/2 ... p>...dunno whether that'll have a knock-on effect on CNX...[Happosai]
CondorJoe

CNX - whos watching?

Post by CondorJoe »

I laughed my ass off on sunday watching Grim and Evil. Very funny stuff. Old Genndy has a great artistic style and the humour is thier in every show. Oh Happosai i quite like DL and Samurai Jack just that when for 2 weeks it's been schedualed for DBZ or Gundam all of a sudden they go and pull out DL or Tom and Jerry too fill in the slots.
Chris Snape

CNX - whos watching?

Post by Chris Snape »

I have enjoyed CNX from time to time recently. Although I didn't know it was there until I stumbled onto it the other week. And another thing: Where has PLay UK gone?
Get Quality Copies of Starfleet from me in PAL/UK format:Chris.Snape@btinternet.com
Happosai

CNX - whos watching?

Post by Happosai »

Play UK: it's just gone...closed at the end of September. Some of its content will be shown on UK Gold, apparently...We've been without digital TV for the last month or so since moving house...cable isn't available in our area, which means a) had to go with ADSL for broadband internet (had it a week or so and not particularly impressed...more expensive than cable, and it craaaaawls sometimes) and b) have to get Sky Digital if we want more channels...not sure if I really miss having loads of channels of crap...;)[Happosai]
Mighty Akuma

CNX - whos watching?

Post by Mighty Akuma »

I think CNX has started pretty well. I stumbled upon it about two months ago and found it worth watching. I'd like to see how it develops over the coming year.........
During the battle, the heads rolled on the field like pebbles....