International Day of Action

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
felice

Post by felice »

There's an emergency petition to the UN asking them to oppose war at http://www.moveon.org/emergency/.This is a serious petition from a reputable organisation, and is well worth signing. The petition is being presented to the UN Security Council members on Thursday 6 March.
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

Unfortunately, electronic petitions carry little to no weight with the people they are supposed to influence -- they are too easylyo fakable (give me a few hours and I can give you an electronic petition containing a multitude of "unique" signatures) and have no physical presence. They also encourage "armchair activism", which can be more damaging that productive. (I usually link to a really good article about the nature of e-petitions, but I can't for the life of me find it at the moment...!)[Happosai]
Stephen La Riviere

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

I have to say it's refrshing to find an online group where the members are opposed to war.Thank god such a group exists somewhere! I've received a stream of hatemail for saying I think the war is wrong - Americans telling me I don't understand reality and that I'm too stupid for them to consider.This war is wrong and no one should be in any doubt of it - not one reason has been provided - or rather several reasons have been provided - they pick and choose their excuses as they go along.Ironic though, I'm sure we've killed more of our own side than Irquis.My grandfather used to say about the Second World War: "Some people say we won the war because of the Americans. I say we won it despite them."Judging by the past few days I'd say things don't change.And America do know Iraq has weapons of mass destruction... after all... they have the receipts, don't they?It's about time Blair was kicked out, but as for Bush... who's going to start a war against that dictator who is just as bad as Saddam... just in his case he uses the law and the cover of a moral right... which makes him far more dangerous that Saddam...
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Crash

Post by Crash »

My grandfather used to say about the Second World War: "Some people say we won the war because of the Americans. I say we won it despite them."Well that's the biggest laugh I've had all day. Thanx man.
Dream big and bold and daring.