Look Whos back!

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
FZeroOne

Look Whos back!

Post by FZeroOne »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 786.stmLet the "Who will...?" speculation begin...   Edit: it surely can't be an accident that the news item immediately underneath this one refers to Yetis...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Look Whos back!

Post by Crash »

We have bins at school which look just like daleks I'm thinking of sending them in to the bbc as prop extras.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Crash

Look Whos back!

Post by Crash »

You must be joking?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Look Whos back!

Post by Shane »

I think Tom Baker mentioned him in an interview. I'm not sure it's true, as Mr Baker can be a little mischevious. I would certainly prefer Eddie Izzard to some of the other names touted. I'd personaly like to see Richard E. Grant as the Doctor, he seems the perfect choice to me. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
FZeroOne

Look Whos back!

Post by FZeroOne »

Being just slightly not old enough to have caught most of the Tom Baker era, Earthshock was probably the most impressive Dr. Who I ever saw. Many a school visit to Wookey Hole caves was spent lurking right at the back of the school party in case of android attack... AFAIK, Eddie Izzard has just been a suggestion and nothing has yet been confirmed.
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
felice

Look Whos back!

Post by felice »

I'd like to see Paul McGann back to film some more 8th Doctor episodes - he didn't really get a fair go at the role. Failing that, it has to be Richard E Grant. I know nothing about him, but he is the official 9th Doctor, and regenerating him in to the 10th before his single story has even been broadcast/released seems premature. If it has to be a completely new actor, I still like the idea of Richard O'Brien.Tom Baker's Eddie Izzard claim is highly dubious. And the script quality is more important than the lead actor, as long as he's competent. I really should watch Queer as Folk - I liked Russell's book Damaged Goods, but don't know what he's like with television.