Next Gundam

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Crash

Next Gundam

Post by Crash »

Looks like it's based on the original MS Gundam ie. with Zeon, Federation - UC 0081.http://animehistory.wordpress.com/2009....fter-00
Dream big and bold and daring.
FZeroOne

Next Gundam

Post by FZeroOne »

Bit late to reply here - sorry! This Gundam is not a TV series or film, unfortunately, but a video game for the PS3.The next announced Gundam that I'm aware of is the planned movie "Gundam Unicorn", which is based on a series of Gundam novels (not by Tomino, sadly). It is at least set in the Universal Century, I understand a few years after the events depicted in Chars Counterattack [1].http://animeblips.dailyradar.com/video....e_pressVideo of the press conference - that, incidentally, is the most feared ear in anime - the Ear of Tomino!Incidentally, "Unicorn" is one letter substitution away from being "Gundam Unicron", which would be completely awesome. [1] Presumably the anime continuity and not the book continuity.
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Next Gundam

Post by Crash »

Damn, won't be playing that. Pity Sony has a monopoly over all the gundam games (not that they're any good anyway). I should go across and work for them; teach them some things I learned making X-Bomber.I'm still waiting the for the SEED Movie. Although Seravee and Tieria were cool in Gundam 00 we still need Athrun Zala back. Apparently it MIGHT be out late this year.I eventually took delivery of an MG 1/100 Infinite Justice. It's not quite finished but I had some photos on my site until it got hacked at the weekend.I guess this is what comes from supporting the DDos raid against the swedish record companies.
Dream big and bold and daring.
FZeroOne

Next Gundam

Post by FZeroOne »

Actually, there is one Gundam game thats pretty good - the trouble is you need to have an amusement arcade in your home to to be able to play it! Its the Gundam P.O.D. arcade game. The actual game mechanics are nothing special, its the enclosure that makes all the difference - a fully fitted out MS cockpit for you to sit in and pretend to be Amuro Ray in (well - anonymous GM pilot No. 13, anyway - you'd need to spend a lot of yen to get to the stage of piloting the RX-78...!).Incidentally, I didn't mean to denigrate the author of the Unicorn novels with my remark about Tomino not writing them; I haven't read them myself but those who have seem to think they're pretty good.
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.