Power Rangers 1993-2009

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Zordon

Power Rangers 1993-2009

Post by Zordon »

It's true, one of the longest running Kids shows is now coming to an end.Since 2001 Disney took over production from Haim Saban productions and sort of sent the whole franchise down the crappa.With the production of the latest series RPM finishing airing in the states later this December, Disney have strongly pointed out that they will not be bringing a new series out next year and they have no plans to sell the rights to anyone.So we won't get to see the awesome Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Adaptaion next year!!!But theres some very intresting news I got last thursday morning.the MMPR series that started off the franchise is getting remastered and not only that new figures of the classic toys are getting remade.An advert on Bandai.com has all new scupted figures (in a sort of robot chicken style advert) with the RPm characters meeting the past heroes the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.The advert then shows a newly sculpted if not very similar to the 1993 Megazord Release but with Zyuranger stickers added, new connection pegs and some spiffy new paint aps.looks like this is one Rangerfan who has an excuse to introduce his newborn to classic PR.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Shane

Power Rangers 1993-2009

Post by Shane »

I think the Rangers series hit a high point with Power Rangers in Space which was very watchable, even if most of the shows were pretty much the same. 16 years is a long run though.I've got a boxset of the original japanese shows from the early 90s back to the first series in the 70s. No 'Zord' in the first series and the team defeated their enemies with a, er... football!?!
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Zordon

Power Rangers 1993-2009

Post by Zordon »

FOOTBALL? That sounds like Go Ranger or JakQthe earlyest sentai I've watch was Jetman ( the series just before Zyuranger) which was a carbon copy of BOTP/ Gatchaman but liva action.I'm looking forwards to the new toys and not to bothered about the loss of the show as my UK ranger group are currently working on a fan film in london at the end of the month.incidently check out http://www.youtube.com/officialukrangers - yep that ugly toad Jiraiya2point0 is me lol.
Look an Alien cruiser!!