Who are you? who who, who who?

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Crash

Post by Crash »

Rise of the Triad - there is music from that in X-Bomber the Game.I'm having to re-record it as mp3 though so that Vista/Win7's surprisingly limited midi support doesn't butcher it.Don't know Blood though. ROTT was a better game than Doom and nobody really knew of it. A bit like System Shock in that regard. Now that was a terrifying game along with its sequel if ever I saw one.Glados, Skynet and any other deranged super-computer pales in comparison to the queen mother; SHODAN.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

OMG!System Shock and System Shock 2 IMHO were the best games ever!!!I still have them about somewhere and play System Shock 2 every now and then. Do you know of this project Crash?http://www.shtupmod.net/
Even in Death, I still Serve
Crash

Post by Crash »

I didn't know about that but I did locate a portable system shock. I think it's in my other machine's favourites but I'm not sure that it was being constantly worked-on.There's also a Win32 XP port of ROTT but apparently it's very shaky in terms of reliability (or at least it was).Windows Me is probably more stable.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I have to say I second what Mach1na says about the new Thor film. It is most definitely worth watching, especially on the big screen. The spectacular vistas and sky shots above Odin's city, and the amazing cityscape itself are truly awesome. It really is a visual treat, and has given me some food for though for future fanfic projects There are shades of Steampunk in there as well with the mechanism for the wormhole/dimensional space-bridge (referred to in the film as an "Einstein-Rosen Bridge").So the Great Skull's dimensional jumping ability being connected to the distortion of the space-time continuum by very-high gravitational objects (like black holes, and maybe Neutron Stars) is bang on the money for up-to-date sci-fi thinking Glad I'm not always a Luddite
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Post by Crash »

That has been the speculation for some time if I'm not mistaken. It's just that string theory and what not make it seem more likely, whereas before it was little more than just wild conjecture.That and research on the effects of gravity on the functioning of time.