the star fleet logo

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
davebeeson

the star fleet logo

Post by davebeeson »

here's a bit of star fleet trivia no-one knows about ...the star fleet logo was designed by me ...I was working for ATV/Central in the Graphics department,when someone asked if we could design a logo for an imported animated space programme, I did a rough, which took about an hour,which was accepted as the finished artwork.It was taken to the edit suite and added to the programmes ...... I never heard any more about it.It's not my best work! (in fact it's crap if you ask me!!) I never got any credit for it, in fact nobody knows I designed it,(except you lot !!)I worked for ATV/CentralTV/Carlton TV for 25 years,but now run my own Design Company, Bottletop Design.CheersDave
dave beeson - graphic designer - www.bottletop.co.uk
FZeroOne

the star fleet logo

Post by FZeroOne »

Another little bit of Star Fleet history is revealed - thanks for the story! Did you know about Star Fleet at the time, or have you only recently had your memory stirred?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
davebeeson

the star fleet logo

Post by davebeeson »

Q. Did you know about Star Fleet at the time, or have you only recently had your memory stirred?A. I'd forgotten all about the programme until I saw the logo whilst searching on 'google images' for 'star' ... I was actually looking for a 'stars and stripes flag' for a web site I'm designing, I then wondered if there was anything else on the web about Star fleet, and found this site ...the logo was drawn by hand with paper,rotring drawing pens and a ruler ... ah! they were the days !!!dave
dave beeson - graphic designer - www.bottletop.co.uk
FZeroOne

the star fleet logo

Post by FZeroOne »

None of this computer-aided design nonsense... I guess it does sort of fit the style of the show, with all the effects done the old fashioned way (well, not that there was any choice, because the old fashioned way was the new-fashioned way back then, but... )
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

the star fleet logo

Post by AndyThomas »

Dave, thanks for taking the trouble to post on the forum - it's incredible how these things come out of the blue from time to time after so long...! I think everyone remembers the logo pretty clearly so while you may not have a high opinion of it, it does seem to have been memorable!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator