1970s Cartoons

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Rachel

1970s Cartoons

Post by Rachel »

Who remembers Heyyy it's the King? After a gap of many years, I've seen 3 episodes online; and I've got another on a DVD sent me by someone from Youtube (he recorded it as a one-off repeat on Cartoon Network), the one where they allegedly go to Mars. As the King is a lion, I reckon he ought to marry Sheena the cheerleader lioness. Her fellow cheerleader is a pink ostrich named Zelda; a bit more congenial and lovable than a certain other Zelda!Somehow, sadly, I missed out on a cartoon called Fangface, made in the late 70s; I've seen the intro on Youtube, apparently it's about a kiddy who turns into a werewolf, with one massive fang, when it's new moon; has a gang of friends, very Hanna Barbera-looking teenagers, and they have adventures such as encounters with walking mummy-men. Is anyone familiar with it?
Vanessa

1970s Cartoons

Post by Vanessa »

I don't remember either of those shows.The one cartoon I do remember from the 70's was Battle of the Planets. I seem to recall finding it quite scary at times, as I wasn't that old when I first saw it.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

1970s Cartoons

Post by Crash »

I anyone watching the new Thundercats?People seem to think it's pretty good.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Mach1na

1970s Cartoons

Post by Mach1na »

I haven't seen it yet. I must d/l an episode in HD.
Even in Death, I still Serve
felice

1970s Cartoons

Post by felice »

Ooh, I see that's started up again - must get caught up. I've been enjoying it, though the incredibly truncated credits bug me (what's the point of a cartoon without a theme song?)
Crash

1970s Cartoons

Post by Crash »

Kids have no attention span now.Can you remember when Thunderbirds had the Zero X assembly sequence?That would have been shortened down to about 20% for today's hyperactive, attention-deficient generation.EZTV.it is a great site for downloading TV. You can even set your utorrent client to download the episodes from them as they're released by RSS so you don't even have to do it yourself each week!Brilliant!!!
Vanessa

1970s Cartoons

Post by Vanessa »

@Felice: "what's the point of a cartoon without a theme song?"I agree, in many cases the theme tunes were the best part! And often helped to form a lasting memory of the show, over and above other stuff like plots, characters, etc...Sometimes it's the only part people remember of a long-lost show. That's why I love Youtube so much, as so many old theme tunes have been uploaded to it, Ahh the nostalgic memories!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
felice

1970s Cartoons

Post by felice »

The Thundercats episodes I've been watching don't even have closing credits at all; they just end. I assume there must be credits, and they've just been chopped off, and it's been bugging me.
Vanessa

1970s Cartoons

Post by Vanessa »

No credits either?Almost every show I've ever watched has had some form of credits, even if they were at the beginning rather than at the end of the main feature.Not having any at all is very strange, and sounds like it goes against established Film & TV protocol/ethics.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

1970s Cartoons

Post by Crash »

Cut by the network or cut by the encoder to save on bandwidth if you're D/Ling them.If the first episode is missing, I'd think there weren't any to start with.