Belated Spring clean 'n' stuff

Details of updates to SFXB
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

If you do a reload on any given SFXB page you should notice the new section logos. I think they're a little more striking than the previous versions and "tag" the site better as they all have Star Fleet on them. Paint Shop Pro makes it a little easier to mess around with these things...I've also been looking at the links pages because sites inevitably go out of date, and lo and behold so they had. Nearly finished on that front. What else... Ah, yes, consolidated my Merchandise pages into one cover-all page; there didn't really need to be a merchandise page in the overview section anyway because it isn't something I've focused on heavily and there are plenty of links out to Shane and Darren's sites, so...There is a little piece of functionality I've been meaning to add which I haven't quite found time for yet, but it's nothing vital - basically it'll just mean the section logos become clickable and take you back to the section index. For historical reasons it's a little tricky to do but I've figured out a way to do it, just a bit tedious to do.Oh, and I'm auctioning a surplus Thalian Space Wars tape off as well. That is all
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Another minor addition, the BBC Shop is now an affiliate as well as the regulars...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Having been on the road for five hours today, give or take, I found myself too tired to fall asleep, if you know what I mean. So I decided to have a think about something and came up with an easier solution to the section logo links problem I mentioned above - you'll now find that they work like the buttons and take you back to the section index. I knew I'd get there eventually...!
Happosai

Post by Happosai »

Andy, did you know that the forum was 404ing earlier today?[Happosai]
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I did indeed - the backward and forward buttons were also broken. It wasn't me! Something went belly up in the perl department of my server - it's in the US so there can be a time delay in getting things fixed...