Who Owns the Rights to SF?

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
felice

Post by felice »

If there's going to be a DVD release, I'd be happy to offer my services for the menus. I don't have any prior experience with DVD authoring, but it's something I've been wanting to try, and I'm confident I could do a better job than some of the "professional" attempts I've seen.
ED 209

Post by ED 209 »

They must be releasing it soon. They just need to know that there is a market for it. So the more we bang on about it the better.I have no 'insider knowledge' but 30 somethings reliving their childhoods (as I am-just got 12 disk box set of BOTP & Ulysses 31 box set!) seems to be an expanding market.Just keep putting the work out."You,....you idiot,...you burnt the f***ing money."
I'd buy that for a dollar!
Darthdc

Post by Darthdc »

WHAT?!!This is so UNFAIR!!Not sucessful enough? So what were millions of kids watching then? I was one, and I watched it religiously.
May the Force be with you!
Joe Meredith

Post by Joe Meredith »

I do find it odd that it hasn't been released on DVD in the UK; if stuff like Battle of the Planets and Ulysees 31 can be released, surely there is justification for Star Fleet as well. I suppose the best way to gauge interest besides the board here would be to see how much interest the various Sci Fi mags have had in it - if they still get a lot of letters regarding it. What would have been the best way of doing it was a dual Japanese/English release when Pioneer released their box set four years ago. This has been done with the Moomins, with the German and English versions both available on the same discs (The German version is considerably longer than the English). I suppose its all too late for that now, and its a real pity the series can't be seen in its original form in DVD quality. Even a repeat showing would be something - I'm surprised even satelleite channels haven't aired it - fat chance of ITV doing it again if theres no DIY or reality involved!!!!Joe
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

Well, either Star Fleet has slipped right under the radar (and it should perhaps be borne in mind that other shows mentioned are perhaps better known in the US, and thus have a bigger potential sales market, than Star Fleet) or theres some kind of rights issue. These can be particularly tricky; every Macross fan wants to know where their subtitled DVD release of the Do You Remember Love? movie is [1], and some scenes in the Western release of the anime Kodocha (aka Childs Toy) are rendered literally speechless due to copyright problems with the backing track...Even Bandai couldn't sort out a music rights issue with their US Zeta Gundam release, and they own Japan! [1] And don't even get me started on Macross 7...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.