Final Update

News from other Star Fleet fan sites
Bradster

Final Update

Post by Bradster »

Final? *gasp*BTW, what genre of music do you work with? Are you in the writing, playing, or producting end of it or all of the above?Best of luck to you with everything!
Shane

Final Update

Post by Shane »

FINAL sounds really drastic dosen't it? It just means that the site will be completed, as the merchandise section on there is still incomplete. I'll be able to put me feet up for a bit once this is done.I've been making tunes for almost ten years now, and even did a few gigs when I was at uni under the moniker "Shiro Hagen" It was 1995 so I was really into drum and bass back then. Now I'm more into Electro and the new SynthCore, ElectroClash scene.I wouldn't class myself as a muso as such as most of my tunes are just machine beat funk. but the tunes don't just make themselves, so I'm sure there is some musical skill involved (somewhere) I have a small home studio which I have been building gradually over the years, and I've been lucky enough to get hold of some really cool analogue synths in that time. Old Roland kit rules!Anyway I've been a bit lazy with the music of late, so I'm going to try and get busy with it.I'll have to upload one of my tunes to the site, for anyone who might want to take a listen. I'll try and find those old Shiro Hagen flyers as well.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

Final Update

Post by Shane »

Here's a link to one of my tunes called: Zapcake recorded under the moniker: Shiro Hagen. I made it last year for MP3.com. it's about 6 mins long, but after listening to it again now it could probably do with a couple of minutes shaved off.Anyway have a listen.http://www.bigdaix.com/zapcake.htmShane.
AndyThomas

Final Update

Post by AndyThomas »

I'd forgotten about this, but you did that Shockwave anim with a tune to it, didn't you Shane? I think I've still got it somewhere...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Final Update

Post by Shane »

Yeah, that was the first thing I ever sent you Andy. It featured a mon mon getting zapped by Blaster. I think there was only a few synth tones and a drum and bass loop in it though, very basic. I made a drum and bass tune a while back featuring samples from Gatchaman which came out quite cool, I'll have to find that.Shane.
Shane

Final Update

Post by Shane »

Thanks Mike. I did try and have a go at remastering the music from the first US video last year. I recorded all the music that didn't have explosions, laserfire or character dialogue onto minidisc. From there I was going to loop or piece together different bits in my sampler, It was quite frustraiting though as there just wasn't enough usable material. You can get a good loop from the funky battle music, but the track gradually transposes higher as the onscreen action intensifies. I wish I had an audio example at hand, But I'm sure you know the track I'm on about. Anyway Having a 2 and Half second loop repeating for 3 mins is going to get a bit tiresome for the listener, you can transpose the loop in my sampler while still keeping the original BPM but it would be applied to the whole track, so it would also change the pitch of the drums as well, which aint no good. Some of the more mellow tracks from the series like the Skull's theme are much longer loops and could definitely be re-mixed with maybe some beats laid over the top.Alternatively, tracks like the funky battle music could be re-made. Although absoloutely fantastic sounding, they're quite basic sequences and could possibly be replacated using the right Analogue gear. Although a cover version might not go down well with Paul bliss fans, however a Big Bouncey updated version Might be usefull for creative projects, Video games, Genesis, etc?Shane.
Bradster

Final Update

Post by Bradster »

Ooooh, a Star Fleet remix... sounds interesting. I know you're probably busy with other work and all, but I think I speak for everyone here when I say that this would be a wonderful project to do on the side! I'm also a big fan of the gaming mixes at OverClocked and VGMix. Let's see here.... *shuffling around my hard drive* ...yeah, I have around 220 video game remixes and many albums of game arrangements such as the Orchestral Game Concerts, Final Fantasy Piano Collections, OSTs, OSVs, ect.It'd be reeeaaaally nice to have one or two Star Fleet arrangements to add in (along with the french soundtrack, Brian May album performance, and various versions of the title track).Please? :biggrin:
Shane

Final Update

Post by Shane »

I'll have a go at something over Easter. Just don't hang me if it sounds poo. Shane.