Amalgamate

News from other Star Fleet fan sites
Vanessa

Amalgamate

Post by Vanessa »

Ummm, wonder if I fall into category 3?LOL! I'm trying to move that X-bomber engine sound I added, from the "Soundtracks and Themes" gallery into Shane's new "Sound Effects" gallery, as I think it's more appropriate there, but I'm not sure how?I'm more at home operating machines you can still shovel coal into
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Shane

Amalgamate

Post by Shane »

(Vanessa @ Feb. 09 2011,18:55)QUOTEI'm more at home operating machines you can still shovel coal into  I here ya! I'll see if me or one of the other folk here can sort it!
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Amalgamate

Post by Crash »

Someone did it before me.Not any longer, you don't fall into category 3.Right, yes - I'll generate a list of sounds I could really do with.I know it's a few changes to the Skull ship - but why hold back?It vanished at the end of the show, so it should maybe come back improved. I upped the graphics for that here btw: http://www.xbomber.co.uk/index.p....&ucat=&At the moment, I'm working on the Imperial Fortress defences for the final mission.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Vanessa

Amalgamate

Post by Vanessa »

Thanks for moving that sound file BTW, impressive sound clips Shane!I'm playing around with Paul Bliss's soundtrack CD at the moment. Trying to create some ringtones for my Mobiles (home and work )I'm also trying to put back some of the sound cues and bites that Paul removed for his remastered versions, they don't sound right to me without them.I doubt I can upload any of this due to copyright though I've managed to make the "Don't miss the next episode of Star Fleet" track a bit longer by looping over the centre part, I always wanted that jingle to be a bit longer.Just tryin' to create my own Ultimate Star Fleet Soundtrack Mix.Love the Skull Sprite!
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Amalgamate

Post by Crash »

What really annoys me about that Soundtrack is that you don't get the full, extended Dai-X junction theme that you get in the Keeli's planet episode and even worse, the theme that plays when Orion chases after the X-Bomber, just before he goes kamikaze, is nowhere to be found either. That was a really catchy tune.Given that it appears in at least two places in the show, is it possible to get the two samples and get a computer to compare the tracks and remove the differences (like the voices and sounds that interrupt it) and leave you with the common element, which is the original track?A long shot but you'd think such a program would exist.Oh, I've been having great fun with Photoshop generating the sprites for the Solar Electric Net that the Fortress fires. Because one was obviously too easy to dodge, the game fires loads of them at you.I've got the "open, floating towards you" and "wrapped around, electrocuting you" sprites done, I just need some intermediate frames to connect the two when you collide with it.I also noticed from that episode that the Skull has a pink lightning cannon. Now that is going in the game as well.

Shane

Amalgamate

Post by Shane »

Yeah, I guess if you used X-Archive as the model for who currently is allowed to upload you wouldn't go far wrong.I think if you can incorporate all the features of a wikia and make it so that it's not freely editable by joe blogs, then great. But I do like the way wikia is set up, it's user friendly, but granted we probably would want to have it protected and free from misinformation.All that talk of ships and galleons reminded me that I have a couple of sailing ships in TROM.The spirit of the Imperial Master rejuvenates a dying Makara who has been left comatose inside a piece of the wreckage of her Imperial Cruiser that got totaled by the Dai X in the series. He also creates a space fairing sailing ship for her out of the wreckage of the Cruiser.There's also a Skull type character that has been in hiding for a very long time who now possesses the only pure symbiont. he is awakened by the threat of Captain Arkama and the spirit of the Imperial master. He also possesses a similar vessel to the skull of the series. In the follow-up to TROM. Return of the Dai Warriors he takes our heroes to the lost world of the Skull a kind of steam punk influenced world full of flying sailing ships. Really should write up an ordered synopsis for both these tales, if nothing else.

Crash

Amalgamate

Post by Crash »

Well, I got MediaWiki and I found a great theme for it too because I can't stand white backgrounds when you're dealing mostly with text.The program is uploaded and it says that it can run OK with what's there.It's asking for a name and I'm not sure whether you can change it afterwards.So I would welcome any suggestions that came my way.
Shane

Amalgamate

Post by Shane »

Maybe just Star Fleet/X Bomber or The Star Fleet/X Bomber Archive?Not strictly going to be an archive though, I suppose more of a database.Keep the title simple though, I think.
Crash

Amalgamate

Post by Crash »

You're right - not gonna be an archive and I don't like the word Wiki because I think it's ugly and it's a meaningless neologism like "blog".Simple is good because it helps the search engines identify it. If we called it the Thalian Zone or something in the same way they gave Memory Alpha to Star Trek, I doubt Google would get the connection.I've not got anything more done tonight. I've been working on my court case against Fife Council.
Crash

Amalgamate

Post by Crash »

Too late for an edit, it's still uncustomised but it works.If you want a new page, you just search for it and when it doesn't find it, it gives you a link to create a new page.http://xbomber.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page