A matter of time.

Comments on this forum and Star Fleet sites
Bradster

A matter of time.

Post by Bradster »

Is something wrong with the forum's clock?I cite this as evidence:I just posted that no more than ten minutes ago, but it says I posted it *yesterday* evening. Now, I know that there is a time zone difference, but you should be five hours ahead of me, not seven behind. It's 2:36 AM on the 22nd of August here on the east coast of the US; so, it should be 7:36 AM there also on the 22nd, right?Besides, there's no way those other forums could have had posts more recent than the one I just made.So, any ideas? :confused:(Edited by Bradster at 7:37 pm on Aug. 21, 2002)
Bradster

A matter of time.

Post by Bradster »

More evidence of temporal instability.(Edited by Bradster at 7:44 pm on Aug. 21, 2002)
AndyThomas

A matter of time.

Post by AndyThomas »

Odd. It seems to have lost 12 hours somewhere! I do notice it getting out of sync by an hour every now and again; it may have something to do with the server being in the States or it getting reset or whatever. Only one thing for it: INVERSE TACHYON PULSE!*wibbly special effects*
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

A matter of time.

Post by Bradster »

A-ha! The initiation of an inverse tachyon pulse in all three time periods has caused a multi-phasic temporal convergence in the spacetime continuum, bringing forth the collision of time and anti-time. However, by creating a static warp shell in each time period to act as an artificial subspace barrier, separating time and anti-time, you have successfully collapsed the anomaly and restored the normal flow of time!Excellent work, Cap'n Andy!! :cheesy: You never cease to amaze me. ;)(Um, yeah, so, the clock is working much better now.)
Happosai

A matter of time.

Post by Happosai »

Hmmm...well now you're posting from the future...?! (your last post is timestamped 12:41am Aug 23 2002)I would have thought that the forum would timestamp all postings relative to the server's time, not to the timezone of the poster...[Happosai]
Bradster

A matter of time.

Post by Bradster »

Future?How do you figure that? 12:41 AM (or 00:41, if you like) was nearly 10 hours ago by your own clock.And, yes, all posts are timestamped by UK time, regardless of where the poster is from. When it was 00:41 in the UK, it was 19:41 here in the USA. Right now it's 05:25 in the USA, but 10:25 in the UK. As I mentioned before, the UK is five hours "ahead of" my local time.(Edited by Bradster at 10:27 am on Aug. 23, 2002)
AndyThomas

A matter of time.

Post by AndyThomas »

Chuckle. The irony is that Happosai's slip there is exactly why the clock was out by 12 hours - apparently the admin guy forgot about the 24 hour clock when fixing the server's time by 9 minutes and so in fact adjusted it by 12 hours 9 minutes!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Happosai

A matter of time.

Post by Happosai »

Ahhh...baka baka baka! Too used to seeing 00:nn for the midnight hour...! (I'm always in 24-hour mode when I'm at work...!) Gomennasai! ^_^;;;[Happosai]