5 Favourites?

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

5 Favourites?

Post by Rachel »

Wow, this forum appeared quickly! I thought I would start by asking a very original question (not!) Who are your 5 favourite characters? Mine are Zero, 101, Yungstar, Kate Kestrel and Mary Falconer. Zelda is the one I like least, although of course I acknowledge that she is crucial to the story.
Rachel

5 Favourites?

Post by Rachel »

I reluctantly leave the zeroid 55 out of my top 5 characters; he is a good one, because he always speaks in rhyming couplets, but he needs to be featured more prominently.I am proud to say that over the years, I had only forgotten one character: Hudson the car!
NC

5 Favourites?

Post by NC »

Yipes, didn't even notice it was a new one Good job AndyNigel
AndyThomas

5 Favourites?

Post by AndyThomas »

They don't call me the Adminstrator for nothing mate ;)
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
GenoGear

5 Favourites?

Post by GenoGear »

M.O.I.D (used to scare the crap out of me as a kid), 0, 55Can not think of anyothers I like.
Rachel

5 Favourites?

Post by Rachel »

I notice you have put Zero and 55, but not 101. Is this deliberate? If so, how can you not like 101? He is such a sweetheart! I remember that Zero was my dad's favourite character, as Dad was already a Windsor Davies fan.So, you liked the one who scared you most (MOID)? That seems rather masochistic! I personally think Yungstar is by far the best of the bad guys. Cystar's OK, and I can tolerate the cubes, although they really suck compared with the zeroids (because they don't say anything apart from hissing). Of the "minor" baddies, who only appear in a few episodes each, I suppose Yuri the bear is the one I find most acceptable; I think the others all freaked me out a bit!
GenoGear

5 Favourites?

Post by GenoGear »

I like M.O.I.D because he was stuck in my head. When Terrahawks came up when in the pub with my mates. M.O.I.D was the 1st thing to come in to my head. 101 was ok.
Rachel

5 Favourites?

Post by Rachel »

I find it so infuriating that it's hard to meet people who remember my very favourite programmes, with whom I may discuss them. If it was some crappy soap opera, everyone would be really familiar with the characters!
GenoGear

5 Favourites?

Post by GenoGear »

You have a good point. All the people I work with don't know what Terrahawks or Star Fleet is.
AndyThomas

5 Favourites?

Post by AndyThomas »

Given the relatively small number of regions Star Fleet, at least, was shown in you do tend to find that people's memory of the show can be non-existent, more often than not. That said, I was doing a temping job a couple of years ago and someone there did remember the show quite well - but I suspect that, like me, he'd lived in that part of the world since childhood. Of course the lack of repeats for both shows doesn't really help. You'd think with Digital TV the stations would be repeating whatever they could, but it's a reflection of the times that only childrens shows that will get advertising revenue tend to get a look in now. Even the older shows like Bagpuss that do still get repeated have current merchandising...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator