Which of the stars would you meet?

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

If you had the chance to meet any of the Terrahawks voice actors, who would it be? I just know someone is going to say Denise Bryer, because of the added Starfleet interest (and what a commendable choice!) Therefore, I will choose someone else: Ben Stevens, because I believe he did the voices of Yungstar AND 101, and they are both fab! I saw Windsor Davies on stage when I was about 7, before Terrahawks existed. He was playing one of the ugly sisters in Cinderella!
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

Indeed my Lovleeeeeeey etc etc boyo.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Was the memorabilia the same sort of stuff that appears on Ebay, Mike?
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Cheers, Mike. Don't worry about it too much, I'm not really gagging for any of the merchandise, apart from the 10 or so episodes that I haven't got. (I must try to be thankful that I have the majority of the episodes, plus all the other blessings in life, such as my health!)I came across a tiny website (via Google search) the other day, that said T'hawks didn't take off as well as people had hoped, as it relied too much on the previous Anderson shows. What do you suppose they exactly mean, by "not taking off"? Does it mean not enough children watched it? Or that they didn't buy enough of the memorabilia? I really can't understand the Philistines of this world sometimes! Terrahawks has everything going for it: besides the characters and stories, there is the engrossing theme tune, the noughts-and-crosses to make the end credits interesting, and the themed names (Falconer, Kestrel, Hawkeye) . And who could possibly resist the zeroids? And much as I loathe my mother-in-law, Zelda, I have to admit she's more memorable than the Thunderbirds or Stingray baddies.Yet, I remember when I was 17, one of my friends said she was glad Thunderbirds was back on screen. I said there had been a much better show than that, called Terrahawks. She replied that she had actually been looking forward to Terrahawks coming out (7 years or so earlier), and was disappointed!!! She was such a nice person, I didn't hold her bad taste against her (she is one of the people on FriendsReunited that I really ought to contact, when I get round to it!), but I would still love to know exactly how her mind works, in that respect.I really ought to write to GA and tell him that I think Terrahawks is his masterpiece (and be very careful not to insult his other programmes, in the process!) I ought to be quick about it, too, as he is over 70!Back to merchandise: I came across the Terrahawks story book, in a second-hand bookshop in Wales, last year. I flicked through it, but didn't buy it, as I do think Terrahawks loses something when it is transferred from screen to print. I had the second annual, in 1985, and enjoyed it, but I think my mum eventually gave it to a school fair, so I can't sell it to anyone here; sorry! I read the first annual in a tiny library in an adult college, a few years ago. You do come across things in the most unexpected places, sometimes!