Terrahawks DVD Available to Pre-Order!

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Have a look folks, now at Blackstar (Amazon doesn't have info yet it seems):DVD click me!VHS click me!Looks like 4 episodes on each - no details on DVD extras yet though. However, I have an email in my inbox that I can't read here which looks like it might be something official telling me about the release, so I'll let you know when I've been able to have a read of it.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Well - my inbox did indeed contain something interesting! Pending an update to my Terrahawks page, I can tell you that the DVD will have the following extras:‘Terrahawks’ will also be making its debut on DVD on 22 July. The first release will comprise the same episodes as the VHS but extra features will include full scripts of all four episodes; original ‘Terrahawks’ publicity brochure; Gerry Anderson biography plus, from the original Anderson Burr Pictures production notes: Tiger Ninestein and Mary Falconer profiles, 'Terrahawks’ chronology and an explanation of the ‘Terrahawks’’s “Ten Codes”.You can read the full press here (Word format for now):http://www.sfxb.co.uk/80sfgfx/pressrelease.docHere are some interesting shots of the dotted line being signed - I'll be asking a little more about these tomorrow!Good stuff, eh?!
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

I WANT A CUBE !!!!!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote Quote: from Matt Darcy on 4:37 pm on June 7, 2002I WANT  A CUBE !!!!!Heh. It turns out, from what Phil of Fab1 tells me, that the Zelda puppet is actually a recreation using a model he owns but the Ninestein, and everything else, is presumably original - including the cube and the rather tasty Terrahawk model!The gentleman signing is actually from Revelation, not someone associated with the original production. Julie, from Revelation's agents, tells me that they simply bid for the rights to the series and won it. Gerry Anderson apparently sold his rights so there wasn't a conflict issue, it was just that nobody had picked it up. So my take on it is that as it wasn't part of Anderson's portfolio it was simply getting overlooked. Revelation apparently go for this sort of thing - i.e. anything that's fairly cheap to bid on! Clever, though, if you know what nostlagia strings to pull...
Shane

Post by Shane »

The Earth/Mars Wars are finally over! With the pease agreement signed, Ninestein and Zelda sit back and wait for all the cash to roll in.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
NC

Post by NC »

I leave you lot for a few weeks and all this happens :)Nigel
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Oh yeah sweet.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

One more file for you now - a PDF (you'll need Adobe Acrobat reader) of the VHS cover.  I'll probably do a conversion to a general graphics format at some point, but this should be nice and zoomable:Click me