Compilation video

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Compilation video

Post by Adam »

For all of you that have the compilation video of volume 1 and also the newly released DVD or video of Volume 1 have you lot noticed the missing scense?Six scenes are missing in Expect the Unexpected Part 1, four are missing from Part 2 and a voice over is missing from Close Call.
AndyThomas

Compilation video

Post by AndyThomas »

As in, missing from the DVD, or missing from the older video?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

Compilation video

Post by Adam »

The DVD has the missing scenes
AndyThomas

Compilation video

Post by AndyThomas »

Sounds a bit like the Star Fleet scenario then, where the 3-episodes-into-one-with-no-proper-breaks approach also resulted in some dropped scenes. Bit odd though, isn't it, because although those sorts of videos often come out on quite short tapes you're only looking at a couple of minutes, if that, of reduced running time...I suppose if these DVDs are taken from the main masters, then they're more complete - perhaps the broadcast version of the show was edited slightly for time and that's the version on the older compilation tape...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Compilation video

Post by Rachel »

How long are these missing scenes? Do they contain bits that are essential to the story or humour? Or is it mainly just the battle-ships shooting at each other in the sky?I want to give my Ebay tapes a good run for the money, at the mo, as they are still in good condition. However, they obviously date from 1986, so to be on the safe side I will probably buy new copies of these volumes one day.