Volume 2

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Volume 2

Post by Adam »

Well Volume 2 should have been released today but for some reason it isn't coming out now until the 2nd September. And now I have discovered that Volume 3 will be out on 23rd September but I haven't seen the front cover, lets just hope it isn't as bad as the cover of Volume 2.
AndyThomas

Volume 2

Post by AndyThomas »

Did you have it on pre-order, Adam? Blackstar seem to think it was out today but they probably haven't updated their database just yet. Perhaps there's been a delay in the production of the DVD for volume 2, that might explain why the video release has been put back...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Volume 2

Post by AndyThomas »

Just had this from Julie at Revelation's PR agents:Hi Andy,Been looking into and not sure why only VHS is being sold. We're gettingonto them to try and change things! The DVD is released on the same day andthis will continue with forthcoming releases.A box set is being planned for volumes 1, 2 and 3 but a release date hasn'tyet been confirmed. Could be as soon as September though.Hope this is of some help.Cheers,Julie FoxSo that leaves me slightly confused, when all's said and done, but it seems a box set may appear at some point, anyway...
Adam

Volume 2

Post by Adam »

I ordered the DVD Volume 2 on Play.com a couple of weeks ago.I've just looked at the review of Volume 3 and they have made three mistakes on three of the five titlesGunfight at Oak's Corral (Should be called Gunfight at Okay's Corral)The Ugliest Monster of all (First appearance of Yuri the Space Bear)The Gun (A good title)Thunder Pass (Should be called Thunder-Path also the second appearance of Sram) andMind Master (Should be called Mind Monster also the third appearance of Sram, second appearance of Moid and second appearance of The Sporilla)(Edited by Adam at 4:24 pm on Aug. 5, 2002)
AndyThomas

Volume 2

Post by AndyThomas »

Ah ha. The extras seem to be coming thick and fast on the DVDs though - perhaps the title errors will be corrected for the actual DVD, as there doesn't seem to be a box for it yet as you say. The page does have a link for sending in mistakes if you feel like it! I imagine the other e-tailers will sort themselves out shortly - I suspect Julie is going to have a word! Amazon were very slow to list the first volume... I think I remember The Gun episode, and Yuri, from the eighties...
AndyThomas

Volume 2

Post by AndyThomas »

Curiously, Adam, BlackStar now have their details up for VHS volume 3 (release date 23/9) but have slightly different errors in their description! So it can't be coming for a typed press release:http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/adama ... 072897They also have not one, but two dates for the second volume on DVD! One is before the Play date, one after! I am totally without clue as to why there's this much confusion...http://www.blackstar.co.uk/scp/id/adama ... 0072896One thing I can say - I don't think those covers are getting any better!
Adam

Volume 2

Post by Adam »

>>One thing I can say - I don't think those covers are getting any better!<< You can say that again. If you thought the original Ninestine looked hideous just look at this new version of him, it's worse.I'd like to meet the guy in charge of designing the covers. I'd have a lot to say about the pictures on Volume 2 and 3.
Adam

Volume 2

Post by Adam »

Not only have they called Thunder-Path Thunder-Pass but it says on the Thunder-Path column>>The vehicle will take the deadly creature to Hawknest's secret location<< this was not part of the story at all. Sram was to hijack the Overlander and drive it off course and crash it into the oil refinery (Same plot as the Captain Scarlet episode Fire at rig 15 now I think about it)Also Gunfight at Okay's Corral is still called Gunfight at Oak's Corral but Mind Monster is called Mind Monster not Mind Master. I just hope they have the correct titles on the covers.
Happosai

Volume 2

Post by Happosai »

Heh...didn't you know that the copy for the backs of tapes and DVDs has to be written by someone who's only heard about the contents of them "Chinese-whisper" style purple monkey dishwasher...![Happosai](Edited by Happosai at 2:17 am on Aug. 10, 2002)