Terrahawks DVD Review!

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Adam »

>>Hello Adam, I envy you because your knowledge of the episodes seems to eclipse mine.  You refer to the eps that I have never seen; did you record them all when they were on TV?<<I didn't record them because I was born just a couple of months before series 3 was transmitted back in 1986 but I found a seller on ebay who had the missing episodes so I made a bid on them and I got them.Well Rachel which episodes haven't you seen then?>>It will be the end of the world for me if the second series' release is cancelled. I don't mind if they don't do DVDs, but as long as there are videos, that doesn't matter.<< Well it does matter to me about the DVDs as I have volume 1 on dvd and I will finish the collection, unless they are canceled, well touch wood I hope that doesn't happen.I don't like Cy-Star because she really doesn't belong in Zelda's army, in fact was there any logical reason why Zelda created Cy-Star?And Stew Dapples was only funny in one episode in my opinion which was in Terratomb when Chick King interupted one of Kate's songs (S.O.S Mr Tracy) this is what happened after Kate leftChick King: What's happening I can't hear a thing up hereStew Dapples: Can't hear a thing? Oh well, well let me tell you something, this, this is what I think of you man, you are a great fat stupid.End of scene I found it funny.(Edited by Adam at 8:55 pm on Aug. 4, 2002)
Adam

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Adam »

I've just missed out the H in "thing" but to things of more import as Zelda would say.>>Space Giant had a horrible scene in which the Sporilla killed the circus master. That could have been well disturbing for tots who were even smaller than I was at the time!<<Well...if you think that's bad then you haven't seen Captain Scarlet, that had people dying in nearly every episode. The horrible scene in Space Giant was when the Sporilla looked inside Ground Hawk to find an action figure of Mary. That was just pathetic.
AndyThomas

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote Quote: from Adam on 8:32 pm on Aug. 4, 2002I've just missed out the H in "thing" Look top left just about above a post - you can edit one of your own posts after you've made if you need to. Just so you know...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Adam »

I've just done it nowThanks
Rachel

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Rachel »

I didn't get to see most of the episodes in the second series, the ones where Cystar has a sprog. For some reason, they probably weren't shown in the area where I lived at the time. I definitely saw Coldfinger, and Space Giant, and the clip show in which Cystar announced she was going to have a baby. It was quite a shock when I discovered on the Internet, as an adult, that there were more episodes, in which the kiddy materialised. So to conclude, there are about 10 that I haven't seen; 11, even, as I don't think I saw the Xmas episode.That's why I'm so impatient for the new vid/DVD releases to be completed, so I can get to see them. I already have the old volumes 1-6 from Ebay.
Rachel

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Rachel »

Adam, you weren't born until 1986? How did you discover Terrahawks? Do you have older siblings of my generation, who liked it?
AndyThomas

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by AndyThomas »

I hadn't spotted that - Adam's probably the youngest one here! Bless ;)
Adam

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Adam »

>>I didn't get to see most of the episodes in the second series<< Do you follow the production order?People say there are two series of Terrahawks with 26 episodes and 13 and others (Including myself) say there are three series with 13 episodes on each (The transmission order)>>I don't think I saw the Xmas episode.<< You're lucky, it's a terrible episode>>Adam, you weren't born until 1986? How did you discover Terrahawks?<< Well after seeing Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and The Secret Service, I heard about Terrahawks but by that time it was the early 90's, so then I bought a Terrahawks video and didn't enjoy it (Well mind you that video was Volume 5 which had Play it again Sram, which is awful) and it wasn't until last year that I decided to give Terrahawks another try but this time I saw Volume 1 first (which had Thunder-Roar which in my opinion is one of Tony Barwicks all-time classics) and then got to see the rest. I enjoy the serious episode like Expect the Unexpected Part 1, Thunder-Roar and First Strike and I don't like the stupid over-the-top episodes like Play it again Sram, A Christmas Miracle and Space Cyclops.
Adam

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Adam »

>>Adam's probably the youngest one here<<I'm 16. Are you lot in your 20's then?
AndyThomas

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by AndyThomas »

Yup. Getting on for late twenties as well - and beyond! A fair number of people watched Star Fleet the first time it aired in 1982 - I was nearly 7 at the time :o