Terrahawks DVD Review!

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Adam »

I'm talking about what you said about that man on Yahoo.You have to know there are a lot of Anderson fans that don't like Terrahawks.
AndyThomas

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by AndyThomas »

Quote Quote: from Adam on 9:55 am on Aug. 2, 2002I'm talking about what you said about that man on Yahoo.You have to know there are a lot of Anderson fans that don't like Terrahawks.Hello Adam, welcome to the forum. Glad to have a Terrahawks fan join, Rachel was probably starting to feel like she was doing a monologue! You'll be fine as long as you don't diss Yungstar - Rachel'll have your guts for garters if you do that! Do you happen to know why Anderson fans dislike Terrahawks? I was wondering if it's because the puppets aren't string operated as they were in the previous shows?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Adam »

I think Anderson fans don't like Terrahawks because They like Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Stingray, Joe 90, Supercar, Fireball XL5 and The Secret Service and Terrahawks is the odd one out because it’s Supermacromation not Supermarionation."It's childish." one fan said to me"It's just not Thunderbirds." another said"It's just the heads I don't like." a third saidRight, don't diss Yung-Star, I can put up with him it's Cy-Star and Stew Dappels I can't stand.
Rachel

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Rachel »

Hello Adam, I envy you because your knowledge of the episodes seems to eclipse mine. You refer to the eps that I have never seen; did you record them all when they were on TV?It will be the end of the world for me if the second series' release is cancelled. I don't mind if they don't do DVDs, but as long as there are videos, that doesn't matter. Since poor Simon got a bollocking from Revelation, about his Terrahawks Direct site, it would be awful of them not to provide official copies of the whole lot!!!Terrahawks obviously has a certain ingredient that makes it differ from the standard "Big G" show. I can't understand why the older ones are popular, but whatever the difference is, it's definitely significant! My dad is one who liked Terrahawks and the others. My mum never liked any of them!When I was discussing David Bowie with my colleagues at work the other day, I said I thought his best songs were Blue Jean and Let's Dance. Someone warned me that was a controversial opinion, as many DB fans don't like his 80s records, they think it's not what he was originally all about! There's obviously something similar going on with the hardcore Gerry Anderson fans.
Rachel

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Rachel »

Stu Dapples isn't one of my favourite characters; although he's quite funny, the show would be just as good without him. But he's quite a minor character, not in every episode, so he needn't spoil the programme for you. Why can't you stand Cystar? Is it because she says "wonderful" a bit too often? I can imagine that could get up people's noses. I think her personality is quite cute; I don't like her quite as much as the 2 good women, though.I remember being aggrieved when watching First Post, 18 years ago, when one girl generally gave Terrahawks the thumbs-up, but she hated Yungstar because he always gurgled. Moreover, Sue Robbie sympathised with her, saying "I know, it's horrible, isn't it?" Nobody spared a thought for him, taking sh*t from his own mother every 5 minutes, then having other people dissing him. It's a good job I love him, at least! But I shouldn't really be too hard on the girl, whoever she was, I have more time for her than for all the morons who don't like Terrahawks at all!!! And I don't care if I do hurt their feelings by saying that!!!
Rachel

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Rachel »

Adam, I agree with you that Cry UFO was rather a lame episode; I remember it, and it was the poorest of all those I have seen. And I remember that Space Giant had a horrible scene in which the Sporilla killed the circus master. That could have been well disturbing for tots who were even smaller than I was at the time! Mind you, characters in Starfleet die, too; and in the 90s, I knew a little 4-year-old boy who had been allowed to see Arachnophobia!Perhaps Revelation are working on improving the visual quality of the rest of the series, before preparing the DVDs? If only I can have the complete collection, I will be contented, and I will just feel sorry for those people who have bad taste, instead of getting furious with them.
Shane

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Shane »

About the David Bowie thing. It's funny because me and my old college pal were talking about how everyone has there own fave David Bowie era, and it seems to depend on when you first heard a Bowie song. Ashes To Ashes was the first Bowie song I ever heard, and I can still remember the weird apocalyiptic video that went with the song. It was from his Scary Monsters album so I probably class that as my own Bowie peak period which continued on with Lets Dance which is a fantastic song. Hardcore David Bowie fans seem to consider everything after Scary Monsters as his sell out period when he started playing huge stadiums. But stuff em, I could never get on with his Ziggy Stardust stuff. And his new Album's up for the Mercury award so what do they know. Let's hope they keep the TerraHawks releases coming. I'm a bit stuck now I wanted to get them all on DVD but I may have to settle for the videos now.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by AndyThomas »

I haven't had a reply back about the DVD situation yet; I suppose it's possible that DVDs might get released later in the year - I notice they're not immediately releasing Enterprise onto DVD, for example, there does seem to be a bit of a lag with some series between VHS and DVD releases. Bit odd when the volume 1s came out at the same time though. Incidentally, I don't think they're going to digitally remaster the series like they did with Thunderbirds, so...
Shane

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by Shane »

S'Right I've been playing the same game with the Buffy releases where I'm having to wait the extra few months between the video and DVD releases. I guess it's all to do with the encoding and extras etc.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Terrahawks DVD Review!

Post by AndyThomas »

Breath, Rachel, breath! ;-)