Hudson's up for sale.

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Shane

Hudson's up for sale.

Post by Shane »

I was looking on ebay and they have details of a live auction for the Hudson prop used in the show:http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBa ... 858293364I wonder how much that will go for?Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Hudson's up for sale.

Post by AndyThomas »

I can't remember when it was exactly, but Hawkwing was up for sale a while back.  It looked very impressive - very weather worn, and as these models always seem to be in real life, surprisingly large.  It didn't sell though - I suppose it might do now...Hmm, so saying I see Hudson's only a foot or so long.  I wonder how many Hudsons they actually made, given his tendency to colour change?  I'm sure some of it was effects, of course, but I'm just wondering if this is the "default" Hudson.  The description's a bit off as well - it isn't Hudson's Rolls Royce, Hudson IS the Rolls Royce!Third edit - heh, some funny stuff in the same auction. Check out the CHIPs helmet!http://search.liveauctions.ebay.com/search....id=1791
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Slacker

Hudson's up for sale.

Post by Slacker »

What was the starting bid on the Hawkwing? I would have LOVED to own one of those!
AndyThomas

Hudson's up for sale.

Post by AndyThomas »

Severl hundred pounds, I think. It reappeared after it didn't sell at a much lower price, but it was still pretty steep and probably just didn't have the draw that something from the better known Anderson series would have had. If your budget doesn't stretch to owning a real prop, there were toys released which come up on eBay from time to time - I owned some of them way back and they're pretty good!
Slacker

Hudson's up for sale.

Post by Slacker »

Oh yeah, I had the toy Hawkwing along with a Zero and a Spacehawk, but owning THE Hawkwing would be something else
AndyThomas

Hudson's up for sale.

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, Hudson went up to £420 but the reserve wasn't met so I don't know if someone actually walked away with him or not... The estimate was almost double that...