Volume 4

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>Ah, but Terrahawks did rely on 80s music<<It certainly did, as I said before Terrahawks should have used some of Barry Gray's music from the old shows likeThe Big Gun Sea March would have been great in an episode like Expect the Unexpected part 1, Thunder-Roar or First StrikeThe Sun Temple music, the Talisman of Sargon music and that countdown music from Attack of the Tiger would have been great in Space Samurai.You really have to listen to them to really understand what I’m talking about but some of you must have heard some of Gray's music before...anyone?>>I don't see why not, as repeats of much older Gerry Anderson series are still on telly<<Ratings I think. Does anyone know what the ratings were like for Terrahawks?>>I'm right in thinking Adam is relatively young compared to late 20 somethings like myself<<Yes I am younger than you and I think everyone else here.
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

Also Thunderbirds is a little more realistic compared to Terrahawks because it involves disasters that could happen at any time, anywhere, likeSaboteurs planting bombs in planes that would cause it to blow up if it landed (Trapped in the Sky)Buildings catching fire (City of Fire)Skyscrapers collapsing (Terror in New York City - in this case the Empire State building)People getting trapped in mines (Cry Wolf - in this case boys playing pranks at first but when they're serious International Rescue don't believe them) Oil rigs blowing up (Atlantic Inferno)Terrahawks never had any disasters, except when The Cubes fired on the dam in The Gun and when Sram tried to crash into the oil refinery in Thunder Path but they were intercepted, and there is no positive proof in aliens so Terrahawks isn't as realistic as Thunderbirds, Thunderbirds never had any aliens in the show (except Martian Invasion however, the aliens weren’t real, they were making a Sci-Fi movie in that episode)(Edited by Adam at 10:28 am on Nov. 7, 2002)
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

About 2 years ago, a guy called Mick said on this forum that he had got the Starfleet videos, and his young son was captivated by them. So there are some kiddies who appreciate the best shows of our day.Apart from the music, what are the examples of the 80s style in Terrahawks, Andy? I can't identify them as such, although I obviously know it was made in the 80s. How exactly do people find out the ratings for a programme? Obviously, they can't go round every single family's home, doing a survey about what they watch on TV! Thank God I was missing Starfleet, when Thawks came out, otherwise I may never have tried it myself! I didn't know Anderson's name before 1984, but it was obvious even to a little child that Thunderbirds and Stingray came from the same source; sorry for hurting your feelings about that, by the way, Adam!Still, I know that some of the children's channels recycle the same repeats (of more modern shows) over and over; don't the little ones ever get tired of them? You would think they could arrange to introduce the new generation to 2 classic series, fit them in somewhere in their schedule!
AndyThomas

Volume 4

Post by AndyThomas »

Rachel, please check your Messenger.To respond on the point about ratings, a certain number of households across the country have a device which monitors which member of the household is watching what programme. The results from that group are then extrapolated to get national viewing figures.The reason kids shows get recycled is simple - merchandising. It's relatively rare to see a kids show that doesn't carry some form of merchandising associated with it, and so channels will schedule accordingly because they know they can sell advertising for the more modern shows. Of course, some channels focus on nostalgia and a different age range, and that's where you'll see older shows...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>sorry for hurting your feelings about that, by the way, Adam!<< Don't worry, I can arm myself with some negative feedback on a certain Star Fleet but I won't have any backup (Edited by Adam at 9:53 pm on Nov. 7, 2002)
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

I'm going to be just like my avatar character, the lovely ladylike Lamia, from now on.If Yungstar is watching us on Earth, through the crystal: I love you more than ever, because I am also an under-valued person. (By the way, if you can see us, PLEASE don't watch me when I go to the bathroom! Well OK, you can watch me in the shower, if you like...) My lips are now firmly sealed, I will get my coat...
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>If Yungstar is watching us on Earth, through the crystal: I love you more than ever, because I am also an under-valued person. (By the way, if you can see us, PLEASE don't watch me when I go to the bathroom! Well OK, you can watch me in the shower, if you like...)<<Rachel, how old are you?
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

That's no question to ask a lady, Adam! I told you before, I will be 46 in 2020, so work it out!
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>Rachel, how old are you? That's no question to ask a lady, Adam! I told you before, I will be 46 in 2020, so work it out!<<Joke, Joke!What's wrong with you today?Calm down, I’m joking because you're acting like a kid, I mean talking to Yung-Star when he doesn't exist.Relax it was a little joke!