Volume 4

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>I personally thought Thundercats was better than Thunderbirds<<Well......I....I really don't know what to say.You actually like Thundercats?>>Re Gerry Anderson music: I don't think anything could eclipse the Terrahawks theme-tune<<I don't mean use Barry Grays music for the main theme tune, I mean use some stock music from the past shows.The music would have really helped the episodes provide us with some suspense and it would have made a change if Yung-star/Cy-star or anyone listening to a radio was listening to something else rather than Kate Kestrels songs, nobody in the show had different tastes, everyone like her songs, it's stupid that nobody in the show had a life out of Kate’s singing.
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

In Play It Again Sram, other popstars' names were mentioned, but we didn't hear their music. Also, Yungstar writes down the list of Kate's rivals in the pop charts. I don't suppose the writers would bother to search out other vocal talents for the programme, really, there wouldn't be any point. Kate is one of the heroines, after all. I actually prefer Yungstar to Kate (if I had to make a choice, I would save his life before hers), nevertheless I'm glad he and Yuri didn't get to torture her in the spiky chamber!My brother and I both enjoyed Thundercats, it was infinitely preferable to He-Man. I wouldn't care less, now, if I never saw Thundercats again, though, I'm not gagging for DVDs of it.
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>He-Man<<Oh my God!!! This just gets worse and worse Please don't tell me that someone here likes this show!>>In Play It Again Sram, other popstars' names were mentioned<<Yes but guess who won the song contest?..........Rod Stowart(One of the contestants) No Kate Kestrel.>>Yungstar writes down the list of Kate's rivals in the pop charts<<Yes in Ten Top Pop but guess who's at no 1 in the charts..........Alan and the Droids, nope they were at no 2, Kate Kestrel was at no 1.(Edited by Adam at 9:59 am on Oct. 31, 2002)(Edited by Adam at 10:00 am on Oct. 31, 2002)
Shane

Volume 4

Post by Shane »

<<I don't mean to be rude but isn't it dead here in the UK? I mean it's not out on DVD/VHS and hasn't been repeated on TV since the 80's.>>Well it did ok when it was first released but it never achieved the same kind of fanbase as Thuinderbirds. Just goes to show that most people have no taste. ;)Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Volume 4

Post by AndyThomas »

You know what I find funny about this? SFXB has one page out of over a hundred, just one, dedicated to Terrahawks. And this one forum. Yet Adam manages to remain completely oblivious to the whole of the rest of the site! I love it!Anyway, Adam, just to bring you up to speed ;) Star Fleet may be officially dead, but Japan is about to release a DVD set. The VCDs people have made of the series seem to sell pretty well, unofficially. SFXB gets roughly 100 hits a day to its first page alone. If Star Fleet were dead dead, you wouldn't be reading this post or be able to display your superb Terrahawks knowledge - on this forum at least!Oh, and you also mentioned Thunderbirds 2086 being an anime version of Thunderbirds. Strictly speaking, it isn't. The concept is very similar, but if you read the SFXB page on the subject you'll find that it's only the English dub which actually links the show to Thunderbirds as we know it, and the "TB" appearing on the craft is actually the result of a translation from Japanese to English of the show's Japanese name Scientific Rescue Team Technovoyager...Oh, and hey, don't diss Thundercats - Cheetarah. Schwing!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>Yet Adam manages to remain completely oblivious to the whole of the rest of the site!<<I have nothing against this site, But I'm not going into any of the other forums.I was shocked about what Rachel said about Thundercats being better than Thunderbirds and then discovering that you like the show. Well your taste I'll tolerate you talking about Star Fleet since this site is dedicated to the show but I will only be in the Terrahawks forum because Terrahawks is the only show here that I have knowledge of and enjoy.(Edited by Adam at 9:56 am on Oct. 31, 2002)(Edited by Adam at 2:46 pm on Oct. 31, 2002)
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

Will you be getting a Thunderbirds calendar for 2003, Adam? I haven't yet chosen my calendar for next year: this year, it's Persian cats, last year it was Siamese cats, and the year before it was Mice. I'm sure I'll find something...I used to enjoy some of the superhero cartoons, such as Thundercats, in the 80s. Spiderman & his Amazing Friends was a good one, also there was Space Sentinels, Jana of the Jungle (female equivalent of Tarzan) and the Drak Pack. I don't really want to get any of these back into my life, though, I just feel I'm glad I saw them as a kid, and leave it at that.
Adam

Volume 4

Post by Adam »

>>Will you be getting a Thunderbirds calendar for 2003, Adam?<<Well I'm not sure but I have got a Captain Scarlet 2002 calender
Rachel

Volume 4

Post by Rachel »

The Spiderman film was OK, but I wouldn't want to see it a second time. (I actually viewed it on the aeroplane, in August this year.) I preferred the live Scooby Doo movie.